The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Leveling crafting

Tonturri
Tonturri
✭✭✭✭✭
After storing materials for about 100 levels across two characters, I'm finally starting to level my crafts.

Is there a website/thing out there that makes it easier to find someone to trade deconstructing items with? I'm running into the problem of being VR2, but having level 20ish crafts with a lot of materials to use up, and I can barely find anyone to trade with.

Blacksmith - 19
Clothing - 22
Enchanting - 10
Woodwork - 18
Keilinix Klorelendrax@Tonturri

Anyone out there around these levels who wants to partner up?

I've asked around a couple times - I know I'm supposed to trade items to decon, and deconning items I find on mobs/out in the world is also useful. However, I've been unable to find out...
Will I get decent exp if I just...level to VR12, then farm VR12 mobs for items to deconstruct for exp? Will that go faster than farming materials, craft and deconning them? I found some kresh gear earlier today, and it didn't seem I got much exp, nor did I actually get any materials from deconning the item.

Also any advice on crafting in general would be appreciated :D This is the first game where I've played where (supposedly) it's more efficient to find others and trade items, as opposed to deconning everything you make over and over.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Will I get decent exp if I just...level to VR12, then farm VR12 mobs for items to deconstruct for exp? Will that go faster than farming materials, craft and deconning them? I found some kresh gear earlier today, and it didn't seem I got much exp, nor did I actually get any materials from deconning the item.

Also any advice on crafting in general would be appreciated :D This is the first game where I've played where (supposedly) it's more efficient to find others and trade items, as opposed to deconning everything you make over and over.
    Yes it's insanely fast to level professions by just deconing all the highest level white/green trash drops. Listed in order of highest to lowest IP (Inspiration Points).

#1 = Read of book, no seriously it's an instant level.

#2 = VR12 (currently) trash drops with Intricate trait on them.

#3 = VR12 trash drops with any/no trait on them.

#4 = Trading for decon with another player using 6's (6/16/26/36/46-VR1/VR4/VR7/VR9) - Highest IP/material usage when decon is factored in.

#5 = Trading for decon with an alt using above.

#6 = Learning a new Motif, gains a small amount of IP for BS/WW/Clothing.

#7 = Deconing your own crafting items/deconing the zero value trash now in cabinets.

For Enchanting, you want to learn NEW translations as often as possible, they give the highest IP per, after reading a book. That means make a Glyph of every Potency level using ALL of the various Potency Runes. There's 2 or 3 per level group depending on how low the level is. Check HERE for some help with translations. Always try and craft/decon Denata/Rekuta if you have enough (no NOT waste Kuta's on leveling). Also don't even bother with Ta's unless you have no options left.
    Edited by DeLindsay on July 27, 2014 11:55PM
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    Only one thing to add to the above. The armor/weapons you pick up from boxes (worth 0 g) gives a lot less ip than the regular kind.

Personally, I leveled blacksmithing from 15 to 40 mostly by deconing everything from questing. I doubt you will have issue with it either.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isibis wrote: »
    Only one thing to add to the above. The armor/weapons you pick up from boxes (worth 0 g) gives a lot less ip than the regular kind.
    It's on my list as #7 and they give roughly the same IP as deconing your own crafted items.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Isibis‌
    @DeLindsay‌
    Thanks for the info you two!
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    #1 = Read of book, no seriously it's an instant level.

Just to be sure it's clear. This ^ means to click on bookcases where ever you find them.
    NA - DC - DK - PC