The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Screenshots quality

p_tsakirisb16_ESO
p_tsakirisb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I would like to be able to take screenshots as good as I can see them on the screen, especially with the ESO Launcher extra effects.

Having tried both ingame (BMP) functionality and by capturing video with Shadowplay and take screenshots of the video, I must say the quality is pretty poor in comparison to the real thing.

Does anyone else has a good idea of any program to use to take better screenshots?
I do not mind even if they are 30MB per screenshot, can sort that out later on.

Thanks.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My BMP screenshots are an exact match of my in-game screen, down to the individual pixel.
    confused24.gif
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    My BMP screenshots are an exact match of my in-game screen, down to the individual pixel.
    confused24.gif

My screenshots look very grainy, with reflections and light significantly toned down :(
    Even if they are 8MB each (BMP) the colours and surfaces do look "flat".
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on July 27, 2014 10:53PM
  • Ebonwind
    Ebonwind
    ✭✭✭✭
    My computer can only regularly handle the video settings on medium. When I take screenshots though, I set it to Ultra High temporarily and get a nice 7 FPS. Here are examples of the shots I take. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87906/the-bosmer-krimie-nightwood#latest
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking my screenshots were not near as good as what I was seeing in game. Turns out they were being saved in two separate folders. One was C:\Users\name\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots other was C:\Program Files\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client. The ones in program files look much better. They look like what I am seeing while I am playing, or at least really close to it.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I was thinking my screenshots were not near as good as what I was seeing in game. Turns out they were being saved in two separate folders. One was C:\Users\name\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots other was C:\Program Files\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client. The ones in program files look much better. They look like what I am seeing while I am playing, or at least really close to it.

I will check it tonight mate. Thank you very much. A rare insightful message in here :D
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

There are no screenshots in the Program Files. Maybe is a missing setting somewhere?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I might have figured out both our problems. In the game settings get into where you bind your keys for game play. Scroll down and near the bottom you can set a key for screen shots. I set mine to the "PrtScrn" button so I was getting two screen shots. If I set it to a different key I should only be getting the better quality one. Check and see what key is bound in the settings and you can use that or change it to something else.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."