The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning Farming Broken

Sullivan
Sullivan
Soul Shriven
Right now I cant farm low level mats like guar eggs and pork on my high level char. These items just don't drop even in the lowbie zone. I have to log onto a level 12 char and farm them just to level up provisioning on my main. I don't have any mid level char's so I have no idea if the mats will be farmable for me.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    There's been several other threads about this. Looks like for the moment, you have to gather at the level of the character, not the zone. So guess what? You get to level up a gathering alt. Yay!?

Speculation is that it was part of a quick fix for VR characters that were only getting low level mats in VR zones, as they were the original low lvl zones of a faction.

Hopefully they'll get around to tweaking it some more in the future when more pressing game breaking issues are resolved.
    Edited by Tarukmockto on July 28, 2014 9:22PM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Sullivan
    Sullivan
    Soul Shriven
    What a terrible terrible fix.
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion, but if you probably should be using level 10+ recipes to level crafting as from my experience level 1 or 5 do not really justify the time put into leveling provisioning. Just my opinion
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sullivan wrote: »
    How would you 'fix' it then?
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 30, 2014 9:32AM
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you 'fix' it then?

I would remove the Level 4 ingredients from all Vet loot tables, replacing them with emperor grapes, imperial stock, penguis, etc.

Within; Without.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭

This.

+1 bacon for you.

Every fix has been a break. The initial system is broken anyways. It was this way before the VR level bracket fix for zone specific items. At release it was worse and more noticeable due to trying to focus on your initial character and realising in the zone after the starting zone that if you had not farmed all mats and levelled professions, you were stuffed.

I always felt that fishing was made a useless novelty instead of a viable profession due to the developers lack of ability in making zone/ level specific fish for recipes. Could you imagine the difficulty in creative coding and development? /facepalm.

• Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion, but if you probably should be using level 10+ recipes to level crafting as from my experience level 1 or 5 do not really justify the time put into leveling provisioning. Just my opinion

If by level 10+ recipes you mean vet recipes, it doesnt work that way. You cannot use those recipes until you have sufficient xp in the craft to unlock vet level recipe improvement which is at least 5 skill points into the tree. You have to work your way up to them same as any other craft.
    Edited by Soulshine on July 31, 2014 1:51PM
  • idahogeekette
    idahogeekette
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the need to craft low level foods for low level alts-- or friends. Or the market.

Those fancy ones may be better to level, but every character starts off small, and its nice to be able to stock up on supplies when you are in a zone.
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

If by level 10+ recipes you mean vet recipes, it doesnt work that way. You cannot use those recipes until you have sufficient xp in the craft to unlock vet level recipe improvement which is at least 5 skill points into the tree. You have to work your way up to them same as any other craft.

No I was meaning the green recipes that add 126 or more to one stat or 91+ on the blue recipes to 2 stats. The ones with plump worms and dragon sap got me most of the levels on my max chef

Edited by ShadowscaleSithis on August 3, 2014 9:29AM
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor pact players.. Covenant recipes allow us to get to 50 provisioning rather easily.. as long as you find some Wasp Squeezings along your way (or in guild stores)
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭

The sad thing is ... it took me forever to find level 10+ recipes for some odd reason. I used level 1 and level 5 recipes probably well into my high teens low 20s.
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    To the OP, hire somebody to gather the mats for you if you don't want to level an alt to do it for you. Those items are garbage resources even for low level players and if you get a stack or two of a resource, you can level it very quickly.

Before you know it, you can probably jump entire resource levels simply because Provisioning levels so quickly.

And on top of it all, once you cook the items you can vendor sell them back and make at least some of your money back on them (if not all).

Provisioning is literally the quickest thing to level in the game. I have seen some people claim to do it in hours.