The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Determining the best price to sell for (tips and resources)

Eirikur
Eirikur
✭✭✭
My biggest challenge in ESO is determining how to price things. Whether it's a stack of raw materials, a stack of potions, a crafted set of armor, or a legendary weapon, the price I ask for tends to be very arbitrary, and I often set it too low. Armor style motifs are the only items I feel like I'm pricing reasonably.

Do you have any tips, guidelines, or resources that you'd care to share with us, to help us efficiently price our wares?
Edited by Eirikur on July 27, 2014 5:04PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my server, the follow is normal.

Never sell raw materials (unless you never want to do tradeskills) and then you sell them for about 10g each

Once you have Metal Extraction III, Unraveling III and Wood Extraction III, refining the raw materials gives lots of tempers, tannins and resins and this is where you get most of your money from.

Potions sell for 100g each normally (well the V12 ones) and the Reagents sell for 80g to 100g each.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikur wrote: »
    Do you have any tips, guidelines, or resources that you'd care to share with us, to help us efficiently price our wares?
    Watch chat and there you go. If you've played for more than a month you get a pretty good idea for what players are asking for in terms of prices for a wide variety of items. Also, watch WTB pricing, as that is usually 10-25% less than the average selling price for said items.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    . . . . . Potions sell for 100g each normally (well the V12 ones) and the Reagents sell for 80g to 100g each.

The sad truth about Alchemy. Do the math, 3 mats @ 100g ea = 100g return on a 300g investment? Sad. You could make more money selling the mats and never craft a single potion.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is if you buy them. If you find them, then they are free (other than time).

I have looked for things to make from what can be bought to turn a profit, and that avenue is closed for repair.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    . . . . . Potions sell for 100g each normally (well the V12 ones) and the Reagents sell for 80g to 100g each.
    The sad truth about Alchemy. Do the math, 3 mats @ 100g ea = 100g return on a 300g investment? Sad. You could make more money selling the mats and never craft a single potion.
    But with the right skills one combine = 4 potions, so it cost 300g to buy the parts and you sell the 4 potions at 100g each = 100g profit. (25%)

Since I sell potions in stacks of 100, (for 10k) and normally don't make them until I have a stack of each reagent, that's 10k profit when all 4 stacks sell (and they do sell, the V5 versions). The hardest part is to buy the reagents as everyone is getting in on it. The new champion gathering passives would be nice tho and will change the playing field.
    Edited by Natjur on July 28, 2014 10:56PM
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @Natjur, you are quite correct. I forgot to take the skill line for multiple potions into account. I can't even imagine having full stacks of the prime mats! It's all I can do to have enough for just my own uses most of the time.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Eirikur wrote: »
    Watch chat and there you go. If you've played for more than a month you get a pretty good idea for what players are asking for in terms of prices for a wide variety of items. Also, watch WTB pricing, as that is usually 10-25% less than the average selling price for said items.
    This.