Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

The Cadwell Conspiracy

pierceoftheender
---COLDHARBOUR SPOILERS---

If any of you remember the main quest were you can choose to bring Cadwell back with you to tamriel after you jumped into the water and saved Sai Sahan, and you DID choose to bring him back. My conspiracy, or I guess you could say "PROBLEM" with that quest and the coldharbour quest is... HOW THE HECK DOES HE TELEPORT FROM TAMRIEL TO COLDHARBOUR??? (level 44+ will understand) anyways you bring him back from coldharbour and then go there AGAIN and see him, just standing there?!?! i even went back to the Harborage to see if he was still there... YEP. either Zenimax intended this or didnt, i have no idea.
A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mock my friend Cadwell. It's a condition of mental divergence. You find him on the plane of Coldharbour, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the deadric hordes of Molag Bal. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for you and him in every way, nevertheless Coldharbour is actually a construct of the Daedra. He is mentally divergent, in that he is escaping certain unnamed realities that plague his life here on Nirn. When he stops going there, he will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • pierceoftheender
    Don't mock my friend Cadwell. It's a condition of mental divergence. You find him on the plane of Coldharbour, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the deadric hordes of Molag Bal. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for you and him in every way, nevertheless Coldharbour is actually a construct of the Daedra. He is mentally divergent, in that he is escaping certain unnamed realities that plague his life here on Nirn. When he stops going there, he will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?
    im, im not mocking him, HES AMAZING :D i just dont understand how he could be leading a group to hollowed city, and be at the harborage 3 min. later
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you and him are in multiple places at once, just at different times. You haven't thought about instantaneous teleporting having side effects, have you?

And for reference (go see that movie, if you haven't):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ya6G5S8MA
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't Cadwell gate in King Dynar later? So probably that way.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

EXPECTING SEVERAL HOURS OF DOWNTIME FOR PC/NA.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after what Cadwell did to me with finished gold, I hate him
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hum funny that you ask.

Cadwell is the players guide , then ask yourself , how can your char be faster than the guy that knows all the paths?
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on August 9, 2014 9:16PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HOW THE HECK DOES HE TELEPORT FROM TAMRIEL TO COLDHARBOUR???

Same way you do.

Same way dozens of MG and FG members did.

Same way he jumps from place to place to place, exempt from the dangers inherintly in Coldharbor.

In short, inexplicably - he's Cadwell!

CH is his home, for all intents and purposes. Why wouldn't he be able to come to and fro' at will?

(Not to mention his background as Undaunted, his 'ins' with various Aedra and Daedra...) Cadwell is about as well traveled as they come.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Maegi
    Maegi
    Vanus, that mage you rescue near the end and the ayelid king. Vanus even remarks at some point about how useful Cadwell is for porting around places.

Yes, I realize this thread is 2 years old. Still relevant.
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caldwell is Angier Stower's Father. His ability to be in two places at once is a familial trait.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell is Meridia's "right hand man". Right from the start, he has been planted to make sure you find your way to her city after having proved yourself on a number of heroic quests against her supposed foe, Molag Bal.

However, theres a huge hole in this that it took me time to work out.

She has endowed him with special fast travel abilities that enable him to pretty much go wherever he likes. This is explained somewhere right near the end of the coldharbour story, but you need to sit and talk to him extensively to get this out of him.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015