The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So you nerfed Green Dragon Blood

Vilixiti
Vilixiti
✭✭✭
Thanks Zenimax, for caving to forum pressure and stealth nerfing Green Dragon Blood.

There appears to be maybe a 5 second internal cooldown before you get the full effect from casting successive green dragon blood now. Don't believe me? Go try it.

I can cast it at 50% and get back 600ish.. wait a second, taking damage.. cast again at 50% and get back 120ish. Why the nerf? It's already an expensive ability to use.
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather blame the lag instead of ZOS, there's no official announcement and they wouldn't apply it now on the live server anyway.

If they did then well GJ ZOS (sarcasm).
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was this ability ever meant to be cast successively though?
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather blame the lag instead of ZOS, there's no official announcement and they wouldn't apply it now on the live server anyway.

You think they need to announce stuff like this? I am going to test this, but devs have been stealth nerfing for many, many years and they claim that there is no promise that everything they do will be announced or posted in the notes.

It makes sense though; DKs have been the hardest nerfed class in the game. They will get nasty backlash and I am sure they want to avoid getting yelled at by the community. If it was nerfed, I'll be leaving the game
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troponin wrote: »
    It makes sense though; DKs have been the hardest nerfed class in the game.
    And it was more than necessary. Be happy that you even have some kind of defence. Not like the NBs, where the complete defence mechanics can counterd by Level 2 Mage Light or just a cheap Potion of Stealth detect.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the same thing though I attribute it to lag. Though if they did stealth nerf it there is a serious problem with their choice in nerf. To use the skill effectively you need to wait until you are almost dead. However this is also the moment where executions open up and do more damage. Having a delay while under execution territory is a rather large problem.
    Edited by Armitas on July 28, 2014 2:43PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just made a comment on another thread after a guild member told me about this. Is the stealth nerf true anyone know?

I wish they would just announce stealth nerfs too, especially with DK's cause of all the whining on the forums... announcing this kind of nerf would really help cool things down for DK's. I have even stopped leveling my DK until they have stopped nerfing it... not worth getting used to skills that might either change dramatically or get nerfed into near uselessness (Chains)
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    And it was more than necessary. Be happy that you even have some kind of defence. Not like the NBs, where the complete defence mechanics can counterd by Level 2 Mage Light or just a cheap Potion of Stealth detect.

Every class has access to a spammable instant heal. Two classes have access to an instant heal without a healing stick.

Don't tell me it's necessary just because you play a broken class. The NB needs brought up, we don't need to bring all the classes down because of your broken class. Again, you have access several healing skills too. Don't complain to us you don't use them
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDB really needed a nerf. If you don't think so, you need to step outside the box and play another class for a bit.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GDB really needed a nerf. If you don't think so, you need to step outside the box and play another class for a bit.

I do agree that it needed a nerf but I believe they went overboard a bit if what I read is right... which is it basically has a 20 second cooldown or you suffer from diminishing returns... that sucks.

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

I do agree that it needed a nerf but I believe they went overboard a bit if what I read is right... which is it basically has a 20 second cooldown or you suffer from diminishing returns... that sucks.

well you can never really expect ZOS to 'fix' things right the first time
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    about time!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every class has access to a spammable instant heal. Two classes have access to an instant heal without a healing stick.

Don't tell me it's necessary just because you play a broken class. The NB needs brought up, we don't need to bring all the classes down because of your broken class. Again, you have access several healing skills too. Don't complain to us you don't use them

Do tell, oh master of nightblades, what instant spamable heal do we have?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told everyone to jump off the Dragonknight ship months ago. Even after they're nerfed to uselessness, people will still have this irrational hatred of the class and it will be very difficult to bring it back up to the other classes due to this negative public opinion.

It happens in every MMO. Rogues in WoW were nerfed early on in the vanilla game due to a series of staged PvP videos to make them appear more powerful than they were, and the class didn't recover for years in both PvP and PvE. I would even argue that by the time I quit in Cataclysm, Rogues still weren't up to par in PvE. They were a melee DPS class with low survivability that struggled to match the DPS of ranged classes with tons of survivability, all because even saying the phrase "Rogue buffs" was enough to get the peanut gallery on your case.
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Do tell, oh master of nightblades, what instant spamable heal do we have?

Combat heal. You aren't thinking outside the box too much. I said every class has ACCESS to, not every class has an independent class heal

I still stand by the rest of my post as well.

So I have been out of town since this happened. Can anyone confirm yet? I see zmax hasn't bothered posting in here yet, which probably confirms the nerf.
    Edited by Troponin on July 31, 2014 1:27AM
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭

You think they need to announce stuff like this? I am going to test this, but devs have been stealth nerfing for many, many years and they claim that there is no promise that everything they do will be announced or posted in the notes.

It makes sense though; DKs have been the hardest nerfed class in the game. They will get nasty backlash and I am sure they want to avoid getting yelled at by the community. If it was nerfed, I'll be leaving the game

There are other good games to play. The DK nerfs are so missguided and ridiculous the only option for a good player in search of a honest and balanced game is to quit ESO.

The changes are not even based on fact or common sense anymore.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like DK's are overreacting to these changes. Their class was God status and even after all these changes, it is still the only class I have seen that can solo in 12 man dungeons. For PvP, they are actually pretty balanced when it comes to 1v1, although DK's are still really strong so...

What is all this crying?
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I feel like DK's are overreacting to these changes. Their class was God status and even after all these changes, it is still the only class I have seen that can solo in 12 man dungeons. For PvP, they are actually pretty balanced when it comes to 1v1, although DK's are still really strong so...

What is all this crying?

Nice job stating your opinion (with no facts) which apparently is the basis for balancing classes. Nerfing classes due to a mass of ignorant posts is akin to killing your own game. The ignorant mob is making balance decisions in this game.

You proved my point.
  • Jice
    Jice
    ✭✭✭
    I hear nothing but conspiracy theories and 'opinions with no facts'. There has been no official nerf announcement, and maintenance has been skipped the last three weeks except for once. 'Stealth Nerfs' usually happen with content updates and are usually just forgotten to be put into the patch notes. Unless a single skill breaks a game in a big way, and I mean glitch type stuff here, there's zero reason an undocumented hotfix would be applied to change a value of a single skill by a slight amount. No matter how much people complain about it.

.. and on that note..

Generally, public outcry over a specific skill isn't without basis, it stems from them seeing patterns within the game they are playing. Fire stick impulse spammers are as common as sprinkles on a doughnut. Everyone is aware that is the best build. The solution fire stick abusers put forth? Buff everything else. Cause to them change should happen to everything else around them and not involve them. Hating nerfs is short sighted and greedy. If Dragon's blood is doing better than all other similar abilities, even within the class it'self, to the point that it's not even an option to exclude it from your build and keep pace. It needs fixed. And the fix isn't to change 30 other things to make them as strong as it.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job stating your opinion (with no facts) which apparently is the basis for balancing classes. Nerfing classes due to a mass of ignorant posts is akin to killing your own game. The ignorant mob is making balance decisions in this game.

You proved my point.

Your entire logic is based around the argument that nerfing has anything to do with what's been said on a forum. Comical you'd call the "no facts" card on someone with little of your own.

Just so you're clear, as someone that's worked in the gaming industry, forum whine has very little to do with that does and doesn't get nerfed.

TIREsome posts in every MMO from people like you whining that "the ignorant mob is making balance decisions in this game", you have zero idea how games are made, developed and changed.
    Jice wrote: »
    If Dragon's blood is doing better than all other similar abilities, even within the class it'self, to the point that it's not even an option to exclude it from your build and keep pace. It needs fixed. And the fix isn't to change 30 other things to make them as strong as it.

Pretty much, this.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on August 1, 2014 8:35AM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jice wrote: »
    If Dragon's blood is doing better than all other similar abilities, even within the class it'self, to the point that it's not even an option to exclude it from your build and keep pace. It needs fixed. And the fix isn't to change 30 other things to make them as strong as it.

Dragons blood is not doing better than all other similar abilities. Bolt escape is far more successful as a survival ability.

Besides not actuating, the modes ponens is faulty. It is the case that survivability skills are essential and will be a part of almost any PvP build. That they are essential does not mean that there is something wrong with it, it means that people have the common sense to slot essential survivability skills.
    Edited by Armitas on August 1, 2014 2:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I think the game should stop being balanced around PvP and should focus primarily on PvE balance. Sure GDB was nice, yes. However, if you're a tank DK it's very useful. I personally don't main a DK, but I run a lot with my roommate who is a DK. GDB helps us a lot because being a Templar healer, I can pop maybe 3 good heals and be out of magika to cast a stamina regen or heal on him when he is taking on stronger enemies than I can sustain his health well against. Also, no, DK was not the heaviest nerfed class in the game. They had the MOST small nerfs, but mechanically they were not all that nerfed compared to the passive that Templars got nerfed before the game began. lol
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    RangerChad wrote: »
    I think the game should stop being balanced around PvP and should focus primarily on PvE balance. Sure GDB was nice, yes. However, if you're a tank DK it's very useful. I personally don't main a DK, but I run a lot with my roommate who is a DK. GDB helps us a lot because being a Templar healer, I can pop maybe 3 good heals and be out of magika to cast a stamina regen or heal on him when he is taking on stronger enemies than I can sustain his health well against. Also, no, DK was not the heaviest nerfed class in the game. They had the MOST small nerfs, but mechanically they were not all that nerfed compared to the passive that Templars got nerfed before the game began. lol

Sure focus a game that was widely advertised as an AvAvA game around PvE....makes sense.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vilixiti wrote: »
    Thanks Zenimax, for caving to forum pressure and stealth nerfing Green Dragon Blood.

There appears to be maybe a 5 second internal cooldown before you get the full effect from casting successive green dragon blood now. Don't believe me? Go try it.

I can cast it at 50% and get back 600ish.. wait a second, taking damage.. cast again at 50% and get back 120ish. Why the nerf? It's already an expensive ability to use.
    If it was so "expensive" to use how would you even notice the nerf unless you were previously spamming it ? ;)

Thought so. Not expensive enough.

BTW zeni devs GG on releasing a subpar monthly sub game with jacked mechanics and loot drop placements then instead of rewriting codes and putting in effort you just take away drops (recipes) and make mechanics quite nearly useless. It is not that I agree or disagree with the OPs whine, it is just in line with how you guys have set a precedent for what you think are fixes in this game. They are not fixes, simply cheap ways to scale down a mechanic you just don't take responsibility for that gave 1 class an overwhelming advantage over others, like the sorc had previously. And why were there so many mechanics that were as jacked up as this, like with vamps and sorcs? Because the development team collectively does not have event he smallest understanding of character/ ability synergy.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vilixiti wrote: »

If it was so "expensive" to use how would you even notice the nerf unless you were previously spamming it ? ;)

Because there is a difference in the word he used "successive" and the word you used "Spamming".
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonblood has been needing a nerf for "years"

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

what spammable instant heal? refreshing shadows or whatever it is called? its an ultimate. it has to be charged, its NOT spammable. Templars can cast one spell and fully instantly heal themselves(or very close) DKs have dragon blood, and sorcs have BE and surge. what do NBs have for pulled from the brink of death abilities? answer: nothing. play the class, find out for yourself