The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashes, crashes and crashes.

OhWilson04
OhWilson04
Soul Shriven
As the title suggests I'm having a multitude of in-game crashing issues, some caused by the software and some apparently by my hardware. I only got the game on Tuesday and so far haven't been able to get a stable evening of gaming out of it.
First off, the game will, without fail, crash every 15 - 30 minutes in a variety of situations and game spaces. It will just stop dead, the window will go white and I'll have to open task manager to close it. Occasionally the crash is different, throwing me back out into the login screen with the message 'An unknown error has occurred.
I have 16gb of system memory, and my GPU setup is two AMD HD 7770 2gb cards in Crossfire. I've flat-out removed the second card from my system now, with no change. I have the very latest beta drivers from the official AMD which are the same as my (slightly) older drivers. I've tried a variety of option setups, resolutions and even different monitors/TV's. No change. I tried my old HD 6670 and it was okay at first, until it crashed after about 40 minutes while I was simply selling to a merchant.

Next, the quest crashes. One of the first quests in the Khajiit line would crash should I stand on a certain table (odd) but we got past that, didn't we. Now I'm in Mistral a few hours in, tasked with talking to The Silvenar. The moment I talk to him my game crashes, without fail. Sometimes it freezes within quite literally 10 seconds of my logging in and standing in the room the NPC occupies. This is game-breaking now, since I seem to have done all the other quests in the vicinity and so I NEED this to progress.

I'm at my wits end with this. I've tried everything that has been suggested in other crash threads, not to mention those threads are all older, roughly April-ish. Nobody else seems to be having my problem. What can I do to resolve this?