The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Favorite Addons

Kcttocs
Kcttocs
✭✭✭
Just curious what Addons you guys are using. These are what I am currently running.
Skyshards http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info128-SkyShards.html
Lorebooks http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info288-LoreBooks.html
FTC http://tamrielfoundry.com/ftc/

I am also looking for suggestions that will help my provisioning skills which I finally started to level. And now that I am collecting all sorts of ingredients, I am going to need a good bank/inventory manager as well.

• Dryyab
    Dryyab
    2 game breaking mods... sigh... in my opinion these 2 mods should be punished by a ban since its basically cheating... if you are supposed to SEARCH for them, having an add-on that tells you where they are is cheating in my honest opinion...

as for the FTC well... seems good didn't try yet...
    Edited by Dryyab on July 25, 2014 9:11AM
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    I was pretty surprised to find the sky shard and lore book add ons available as well. Pretty upset I didn't even know about add ons till about 2 months into the game LOL...
  • Dryyab
    Dryyab
    they were available in the first 2 weeks...sadly if not before...

I could suggest mhFramework for a good ui add-on giving the time of research and mount feeding, gold carried, inventory space and a few more goodies...
    Edited by Dryyab on July 25, 2014 9:27AM
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Dryyab wrote: »
    2 game breaking mods... sigh... in my opinion these 2 mods should be punished by a ban since its basically cheating... if you are supposed to SEARCH for them, having an add-on that tells you where they are is cheating in my honest opinion...

as for the FTC well... seems good didn't try yet...
    It's not exacly cheating, its just a bit faster then ALT-TAB to the browser and check locations online.

I use quite a lot of addons, this is incomplete list of them:
    Advanced Filters
    AI Research Grid
    Azurah - Interface Enhanced
    CDGBankStack
    Combat Cloud
    Crafting Material Level Display
    DerpURL
    Dialog Tweaks
    Equipment Level
    Fully Customizable MultiQuests Tracker
    Harven's Trait and Style
    HarvestMap (I'm using modified version)
    Inventory Item Borders
    Lootdrop
    Lost Treasure
    MultiCraft
    pChat (slightly modified version)
    pNames (updated version)
    RMM - Radar Mini Map
    Rainbow Reticle
    Research Assistant
    Shopkeeper - Sales History and Alerts
    Show Motifs
    Show Weapons While Mounted
    SoftcapInfo
    Sous Chef - Provisioning Helper
    SpentSkillPoints
    Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker
    ZAM Notebook (modified version)
    Zbug - error frame replacement
    Zgoo - data inspection tool (version with wmrojer's fix)
    and all my addons...

Edited by Garkin on August 2, 2014 9:50AM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    That's a butt load of add ons Garkin. But I looked at them all. Seems Sous Chef - Provisioning Helper and CDGBankStack are what I am really needing for now... a few of the others I might have to look into are the RMM - Radar Mini Map and the Advanced Filters..
    - edit, and from you sig... Dustman... think I will definitely need to get that one and start tweaking, think that would be a huge time saver. Thought I recognized your handle... love your two add ons by the way!
    Edited by Kcttocs on July 25, 2014 10:57AM
  • Gornt_Grimreaver
    I also like Roomba if you are using your guild bank. Sous Chef is nice for provisioning, and the lorebook and skyshards are a must.
    Just a spoonful of moon sugar helps the medicine go down.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dryyab wrote: »
    1st: Addons are not mods. It's like comparing a Hungry T-Rex with a housebroken Dachshund.

2nd: Zenimax not only allows them to exist (they could ban them with one sentence). They invested work to make them possible.

3rd: All they do is put stuff you could find in the internet on your UI. It only "saves" you from having to Alt+Tab back and forth between your browser.

Maybe try any other argument already? That one was old after the first month. It has not gotten fresher since then.

How many do I use? They say a picture says more then a hundred words. I had to make two:
    yoarwv8vj8bp.png

5jpsy06nl14k.png

But asignificant amount of those is there as part of my development work.
    Some are tests. Some are examples. Some are just local copies of embdedded libraries.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    ChangeLog addon? :) It looks like some addon has ChangeLog.txt in its folder...
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    ChangeLog addon? :) It looks like some addon has ChangeLog.txt in its folder...
    I tend to write those in the Addons own folder. Just got to remmber to take it out before compressing it.
    Edited by zgrssd on July 25, 2014 5:39PM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Dryyab
    Dryyab
    @ zgrssd
    my bad... wrong term... although an addon kinda "modifies" the game... but yeah I didn't use the right term
    and if you don't like my opinion, well... I couldn't care less... I simply wrote what I thought. besides I believe that reading walkthroughs or looking up the internet where to find something that you are supposed to search for is game breaking... but that is simply my opinion... if for you it isn't gamebreaking ... then good for you...
    Edited by Dryyab on July 26, 2014 8:22AM