The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There should be titles for mastering a crafting tree

Fat_Cat45
Fat_Cat45
✭✭✭✭✭
Let's say you just finished researching all 8 traits in woodworking, and you have points in every passive for it. You should unlock a title for your nameplate called "Master Woodworker", for example. There are other possibilities as well, such as new achievements for achieving a "mastery" in a craft skill line.

The requirements to unlock the title would be lvl 50 in the craft, all traits researched (if applicable), and all skills unlocked.

Splitting clothing and blacksmithing into their respective 2 categories is probably required. This makes the possible titles as:
-Master Woodworker
-Master Weaponsmith
-Master Armorsmith
-Master Clothier
-Master Leather-worker
-Master Enchanter
-Master Chef
-Master Alchemist

On top of this, dyes are a possible unlock because of the achievements that may be added for this purpose. Because at the moment the only crafting achievements are collecting resources nodes and learning the enchanting runes.

There may also be an extremely rare title for those who fully dedicate themselves to crafting, "Master Artisan". Unlocked from getting lvl 50 in all crafts, knowing every trait, and every single crafting skill.

Any suggestions/improvements to help make this a new feature?
Edited by Fat_Cat45 on July 24, 2014 6:58PM
  • JefftheRed
    JefftheRed
    Soul Shriven
    I second this! Crafting is one of the toughest time sink challenges in the game and should be rewarded greatly.
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    This idea has been kicked around even since BETA. And a number of people (myself include) have yet to come up with a logical reason for the lack of title for these achievements.

But in your selection of what needs to be completed to achieve these title, you made one minor mistake. Having all skills unlocked happens automatically as you level the skill and needs not be mentioned. As to putting points in them, some aren't necessary. You can craft at full level capacity without having points dedicated into every single skill associated with that crafting line.

Hell, putting all points into every skill in all crafting lines wouldn't even leave you with enough points to fight your way out of a wet paper bag. Your character might literally be stuck in a major town and what good would that crafter be if it can make it to the very crafting stations that allow you to apply your trade(s)?
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    There is going to be an achievement and dye color for you to unlock at 50, in update 3. Does that qualify? ;)
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isibis wrote: »
    There is going to be an achievement and dye color for you to unlock at 50, in update 3. Does that qualify? ;)
    50 for what exactly? The crafts?
    Edited by Fat_Cat45 on July 25, 2014 4:36AM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fat_Cat45 wrote: »
    Isibis wrote: »
    50 for what exactly?

You get a different dye for each craft you level to 50.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally behind the "Master" title, but I don't think it should be tied to Skill Points. That's a lot of wasted points that you don't need to accomplish lvl 50 and all research for the particular profession.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Lowenhigh
    Lowenhigh
    ✭✭
    I definitely agree with OP. Just signed in to add in my 2 bits of support! for this :smiley:
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep this has been asked dozens of times before im sure we will see them in the future.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think titles should be given for researching all traits, deciphering all glyphs and learning all properties of alchemical ingredients (in addition to reaching level 50 in those professions. I have no idea how to implement that in Provisioning, apart from reaching 50 and learning a minimum number of both food and beverage recipes, say 150 total given the 200+ recipes in the game.
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally behind the "Master" title, but I don't think it should be tied to Skill Points. That's a lot of wasted points that you don't need to accomplish lvl 50 and all research for the particular profession.

True. Then how about the implementation of two different types of titles? Such as "Expert Woodworker" if you reach 50, and know all traits. And "Master Woodworker" if you reach 50, know all traits, as well as have every skill invested in.

They would have to be adjusted according to different crafts, but "Expert" and "Master" could be possible
    Edited by Fat_Cat45 on July 25, 2014 8:00AM
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im Theosis the Master Crafter and I support this message.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    EQ2 had those titles for completing the epic crafting quests. They did let people know that the crafter had access to special recipes needed for others to complete their epic quest, and wearing that title meant you probably had every recipe for that skill. Free advertising for that crafter. The big difference is that in EQ2, you can choose ONE tradeskill. Here, you have several. How do you apply a title like that? Choose which one to display? Or make it an all-or-nothing sort of thing, where you have to have all skills maxed? Or a minimum of 3 skills at cap with all traits?

My point being, I don't think this would be a "one size fits all" sort of thing.
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I have against skills being involved is what about the crafters that don't want to have keen eye for esthetic reasons but can still craft everything?