The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Abbreviations/Acronyms

IceColdSoup
IceColdSoup
Soul Shriven
In ESO There are a ton different things that people say, like "LFG" (Looking for group,) or the names of dungeons, "BC" (Banished Cells.) this forum page is just for people (ANYONE) to list all the different acronyms and abbreviations that they come across in the game. To start off:

1) LFG- Looking for group
2) BC- The Banished Cells (AD Group dungeon)
3) AD- Aldmeri Dominion
4) NPC- Non-playable character
5) PC- Playable Character
6) LMF- Looking for More
7) EP- Ebony Heart Pact
8 ) DC - Daggerfall Covent (The space is there so it isn't 8) )
9) Vamp- Vampire
10) WW- Werewolf
11) DoT- Damage Over Time
12) AoE- Area of Effect
13) PST- Pleas Send Tell
14) HoT- Healing Over Time
15) DPS- Damage Per Second
16) WTT- Want to Trade
17) WTB- Want to Buy
18) WTS- Want to Sell
19) MT- Mistell (like if you say something in zone meant for guild)
20) CC- Crowd Controll
21) LoS- Line of Sight
22) AFK- Away from keyboard
23) LFM- Looking for More
24) PvP- Player vs Player
25) PvE- Player vs Environment
26) VR- Veteran Rank
27) FTW- For the Win
28) BRT- Be Right There
29) Alt- Alternate/Alternitave Character
30) Mule- A character only used for its inventory space
31) IRL- In Real Life
32) FFS- For F**KS Sake (Used with a repeated mistake)
33) IMO- In My Opinion
34) IMHO- In My Honest Opinion
35) DC- Disconnected
36) ZOS- Zenimax Online Studios
37) PUG- Pickup Group
38) PvX- Player Versus X (X meaning anything)
39) KS- Kill Steal
40) AFAIK- As Far as I Know

Thank you to everyone who is contributing!

EDIT: List additions
Edited by IceColdSoup on August 7, 2014 12:14PM
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing."
-Dwight Schrute
  • RoyMallis
    RoyMallis
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen PvX on a few rare occasion but have yet to determine its precise meaning, any ideas?
    I do what I can, when I can, to provide in game help to those seeking it. @RoyMallis
  • IceColdSoup
    IceColdSoup
    Soul Shriven
    RoyMallis wrote: »
    I've seen PvX on a few rare occasion but have yet to determine its precise meaning, any ideas?

I am fairly sure it means Player Versus X, as in a variable for anything, so something, like a guild, that does is active in both PvP and PvE.
    "Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing."
    -Dwight Schrute
  • RoyMallis
    RoyMallis
    ✭✭✭
    PUG: Pickup Group - Add to list?
    I've had to look this up a few time since I kept forgetting what it was and have seen it fairly frequently on the forums.
    I do what I can, when I can, to provide in game help to those seeking it. @RoyMallis
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a couple of more terms explained: http://www.mmoglossary.com/mmorpg_terms/1/index.html

While it is a rather dated site, most of those are still in use. Maybe someone can convince the site's admin to add an ESO version to it, though I am not sure how actively it is managed.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"