The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Enchanting - Missing Potency

nagarjunna
nagarjunna
✭✭✭✭
Hi

I'm a level 42 enchanter and over the last week, so essentially from the last patch, I have been going on my regular Runestone farming runs and I have noticed a gap!

So let me explain... At level 42 I should be able to pick the level 8 potency Recura and Rede. I have Hireling in the enchant tree at 3/3, so every 12 hours I get some stones from them too.

On my regular farming runs I normally pick up between 50 and 100 runestones all appropriate to my level.

I have not seen a single Recura or Rede!!!

I've reported this, in-game, as a bug. Has anyone else noticed this?

@nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I am aware, location determines Potency, not your level. Your hireling brings you level appropriate runes (or one level above, I forget which) but your level has nothing to do with what blue runes you get in the wild. If that were true, my high level enchanting alt would not be getting Jora and Jode runes in Bal Foyen, and my no-points-in-enchanting main would not be getting level 7-9 runes in my VR8 areas
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    fair enough... however given that I have harvested in excess of 400 runestones in the last week and not one of them has been @ level 8 suggests a problem
    Options
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    You should try moving to the next zone and checking there. If the problem persists, you may have a bug on your hands. However, as stated before, the runes you pick up are not related to your character or enchanting level, only the zone (just like ore or wood nodes).
    Options
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just you. I got this from approximately 30 minutes of farming.

14133h3.jpg

Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, thanks to everyone for letting me know gently that it's tied to zone. :o

Jokes on me! Apologies for wasting people's time!
    Options