Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Imperial or Wood Elf for archer dps?

jshorty1980b14a_ESO
I have a VR3 Imperial DK Tank. I am leveling a wood elf DK archer, dual wield spec. Just wondering if anyone has any experience between the two classes. Is it worth giving up the stealth bonus and in combat stamina regen of the wood elf for the health and stamina bonus of the imperial? Thank You
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf and bow feel very natural... but in all honesty, the bow can be used just fine in any class/race. My breton sorc werewolf uses a Bow for one set and melee the other and it is a very fluid combination (depending on how well adjusted to it you are.... given my main char is a Wood Elf NB Vamp DW/Bow... I knew exactly where to put my points on the my Breton Sorc WW alt.

However,Wood Elves and bows go together like pancakes and syrup. If you don't like it.... you're wrong.
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Edited by hk11 on July 17, 2014 3:51AM
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love my wood elf racials as a bow nightblade but imperial would work well.

One thing to consider tho beyond the stamina is wood elf gets improvements on sneak that stack with med armor perks for the same. And it's noticeable. With all the passives and full med armor I can sneak past just about anything getting ridiculously close for minimal stamina cost.

You might also consider khajiit. They get a weapon dmg or crit bonus, I forget which offhand. Redguard is well worth considering, also.

As was said, any race can do well with bow just depends on what all you want to stack and how.
    Edited by Fleymark on July 17, 2014 5:53AM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second the Khajiit recommendation from @Fleymark‌. Health regeneration, stealth, medium armour expertise and weapon critical is designed for a bow user.
    Edited by Curragraigue on July 17, 2014 5:56AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs