The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Store Search

nerrollus
nerrollus
✭✭✭
Can we get a Guild Store search option added in? I know there's an addon for it, but it takes for freaking ever to run. Having on added in by ZOS that allow us to narrow down the search would be awesome.

Ragnarok Blackfist - Templar of the Ebonheart Pact
Ronin Wanderhome - Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to text input search? If so, I agree.
    Options
  • ssfiit
    ssfiit
    ✭✭✭
    There are addons the take care of this. 1st you scan all five guild store into a single db, then you can do a multi-guild search on the local db. Here are the 2 popular one.
    esoui.com/downloads/info312-GuildStoreSearchExtendedEnFrDe.htmlhttp://

esoui.com/downloads/info200-GuildStoreSearch.html

Edited by ssfiit on July 11, 2014 12:52PM
    ssfiit | VR14 | High Elf Vampire Pyro-Sorceress | Aldmeri Dominion | NA Server
    Options
  • Omnevolus
    Omnevolus
    ✭✭✭
    nerrollus wrote: »
    Can we get a Guild Store search option added in? I know there's an addon for it, but it takes for freaking ever to run. Having on added in by ZOS that allow us to narrow down the search would be awesome.

This would defeat ZOS's entire reason behind having guild stores in the first place.
    Options
  • Idhaleya
    Idhaleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Addons take much time to scan the guild stores in a db .... this is not really great
    Options
  • nerrollus
    nerrollus
    ✭✭✭
    Omnevolus wrote: »
    nerrollus wrote: »

This would defeat ZOS's entire reason behind having guild stores in the first place.

Their reason was making it a pain in the ass to find a specific item?

I'm not talking about starting an auction house or something. I just want to be able to search for something by name so if you don't know what category it's in you can still find it.

Ragnarok Blackfist - Templar of the Ebonheart Pact
    Ronin Wanderhome - Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • Dalori
    Dalori
    ✭✭
    I hope they add a search function as well. In the meantime, I'm using Guild Store Search Extended and find it useful. I especially like the selling history data it gives. Yes, it does take awhile to scan the guild stores, but I've waited longer in queue at the grocery store, so I can live with it. :D
    Options
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idhaleya wrote: »
    the Addons take much time to scan the guild stores in a db .... this is not really great

This was done on purpose. There was an issue that cropped up that is you do too many searches in a short period of time the game starts throwing error messages.

In order to avoid this, the creator of the add-on put in a timer to try to avoid the issue.

The result being the more pages that there are in the guild store, the longer it takes to run the search since the add-on only searches for 1 page every 5 seconds.
    Options
  • rekina
    rekina
    ✭✭✭
    ssfiit wrote: »
    There are addons the take care of this. 1st you scan all five guild store into a single db, then you can do a multi-guild search on the local db. Here are the 2 popular one.
    esoui.com/downloads/info312-GuildStoreSearchExtendedEnFrDe.htmlhttp://

esoui.com/downloads/info200-GuildStoreSearch.html

Do you even read?
    Options
  • Arbi
    Arbi
    ✭✭
    second this suggestion, a Guild store search is really needed. I do play with the Guild store search addon but after every update it stops working.

Really, a search option should have been implemented already Before game launch.
    Options
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild stores are working as intended.

At least that is what I keep being told over in the AH threads. ;)

Guild stores are for people who do not want it easy to sell and buy stuff. It's all about interacting with other players.

If you want a search feature, go back to WoW.

Wow had a search feature and I don't want ESO to be a WoW clone!

Add any other defense of guild stores here.......

:D
    Edited by Blackwidow on July 15, 2014 10:13PM
    Options
  • Dalori
    Dalori
    ✭✭
    The guild stores are better now that they've added a more advanced filter system, but a keyword search would be useful.

To get around the lack of a keyword search, I use the Advanced Guild Store addon. I have to search one guild at a time to avoid errors. It takes 5-7 min on average, since I'm in several large trading guilds. The sale history info it provides is very nice, so I don't mind the wait.

The addon also allows the keyword search. I would most likely still use the addon even if the vanilla store added a keyword search just for the sales history data, so... yeah, it's good for the time being.
    Options