The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Vampirism worth it?

Kulthax
Kulthax
✭✭✭
As a Dual Wield/Bow Nightblade are the passives really worth the negative health regen of this skill line? Having little health regen seems to harm me more than the stealth movement passive and the magicka/stam regen passive help.

I am Imperial and do not use any of the vamp abilities in PvE or PvP.

Thoughts please. :)
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Vamp for the heal since it also fills up your stamina, and for a stealth NB the movement speed. Bat swarm is a nice oh crap button and the passives are nice. Since you can heal up, the fact that you have low health regen isn't really a problem.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use none of the Vampire abilities anymore and pretty much on my NB it's for the passives, the ones that work at least. I'm one of some who has broken Vampire passives still but at least Dark Stalker doesn't break on death anymore. You will have to decide if it's worth it to you. If you PvP a lot, you will NEED to have a Fire resist Glyph on a pc of Jewelry, which takes up a Glyph spot for others things you might want, Dunmer helps since it's the equivalent of an Epic Glyph. If it's strictly for PvE and you don't plan to be sneaky sneaky all the time then meh.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    I love the vamp on my NB, and being Dunmer, I have the max passives on fire resist too, but can also be offset with glyphs, as previous poster mentioned. As NB, the drain ability is way better than the soul siphon ability, even though it can only be used once, and the ult morph devouring swarm is great to AoE a mob too.

I like the stealth bonus too, I can stealth faster than I can run :) Yeah, has it's downsides, but I'm glad I went with it, and I wouldn't go back now
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kulthax wrote: »

If you don't use the abilities then no it isn't worth it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kulthax wrote: »

If you don't use the abilities then no it isn't worth it.

The passives alone can help some builds.