The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Things you would like to see when they add the thieves guild/dark brotherhood

Vazkahkatz
Vazkahkatz
✭✭
The thieves guild and dark brotherhood were my favourite part of the game in oblivion and skyrim and I was curious what others wanted to see in their quest lines in eso
feel da powah of da katz!
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The currently useless negative effect potions actually become real poisons you can apply.

Snakeblood would have a debatable change because, currently, there are only two potions where it'd possibly come into play...
  • Vazkahkatz
    Vazkahkatz
    ✭✭
    Sounds interesting, i think that that skill NBs have (i forget its name) that increases potion effectiveness should also be implemented to work with poisons
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vazkahkatz wrote: »
    The thieves guild and dark brotherhood were my favourite part of the game in oblivion and skyrim and I was curious what others wanted to see in their quest lines in eso

1) definately alot more invisibility skills (as in: increased length of invisibility and also some tweeks made to help those of us who depend on invisibility as a skill line because we are assassin type's and depend on assassin type build's) along with a definate INCREASE in damage out-put for the melee with duel wield and long blade.

2) definately alot more help for us potion makers and allow us a great deal more in our potion making skill line because of the addition we will need in poisen making and much longer invisibility in potions.
    and most definately dark brotherhood and thieves guild armor sets that look cool and also have incredible melee stats way better then any other sets available.

3) a buff or, some tweeks made to us from the dark brotherhood for being a vampire. just like it was in oblivion where we had alot more added to us for the invisibility.

4) an aditional skill line for our mount and also a new mount for us because of the stealth type need for our mount due to the assassin type playstyle we addopt within the dark brotherhood / morrog tong type.

5) as far as quest line goes? i have ALLWAYS found that in morrowind and oblivion that the quest line for the dark brotherhood was totaly awesome, skyrim's dark brotherhood was kinda lame and stupid.
    so i do expect the quest line and story line for dark brotherhood in eso to be amazing due to the past awesomeness of oblivion and morrowind.

• Vazkahkatz
    Vazkahkatz
    ✭✭
    I love those ideas @Hlaren_shortsheath‌ I would also like to see stealth using terrain ie hide behind a wall and the npc has to look for you
    Edited by Vazkahkatz on July 7, 2014 1:54PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those ideas @Hlaren_shortsheath‌

thank you friend

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those ideas @Hlaren_shortsheath‌ I would also like to see stealth using terrain ie hide behind a wall and the npc has to look for you

that would be awesome indeed!
    especially if we could scale walls and climb rocks and walls and stuff. only we could attain that because of the skill line they would add in ...
    wow that would be awesome!

• Vazkahkatz
    Vazkahkatz
    ✭✭
    True but they would have to make climbing a pve only skill lest zeni have to redesign pvp entirely as everyone would be climbing into your keeps and snatching your scrolls up
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the devs could just add in a clause making it so that if you are within 50 yards of a keep or scroll then your climbing and scaling walls would be disabled.
  • Vazkahkatz
    Vazkahkatz
    ✭✭
    That could work and then we could go all assassin's creed style in pve and have 3d ambushes in pvp no prob
    Edited by Vazkahkatz on July 7, 2014 2:06PM
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to a town you robbed or killed before and have NPC guards attack you and PVP enabled until you pay or go to prison.
  • Vazkahkatz
    Vazkahkatz
    ✭✭
    STOP! You have violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence! Your stolen goods are now forfeit!
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I would like to see items taken from houses without permission marked as stolen and needing to exchange them to a fence to clean them. Perhaps Thieves Guild members of sufficient rank could get a passive allowing them to act as player fences, moving ill-gotten goods for other players.

And yes poisons, but as part of Alchemy. Dark Brotherhood could maybe have passives that enhance poisons or allow for more uses per application, etc. However, I'd hate to see poison-making or use restricted completely to a guild.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    the devs could just add in a clause making it so that if you are within 50 yards of a keep or scroll then your climbing and scaling walls would be disabled.
    Or PVP walls have overhangs, whereas PvE scalable locations don't.

Can't get past the overhang in PvP, but PvE is unaffected.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on July 7, 2014 2:16PM
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and pickpocketing. Would love to turn all these NPCs into walking treasure chests. Obviously make it challenging and don't make the loot too absurd so that it makes farming NPCs more profitable than playing by any other means, but yes. Pickpocketing needs to be a thing.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    Pickpocketing needs to be a thing.
    One gold most of the time would be the result, and little 'funny' things.

Like a personal note on a tryst.
  • Vazkahkatz
    Vazkahkatz
    ✭✭
    Aww but I wanted to pickpocket npc's skulls... Jk. Ya pickpocketing oh and perhaps adding loot that is only found via thievery ie rare gems for jewelcrafitng that give special bonuses
  • SK1TZ0FR3N1K
    SK1TZ0FR3N1K
    ✭✭✭
    5) as far as quest line goes? i have ALLWAYS found that in morrowind and oblivion that the quest line for the dark brotherhood was totaly awesome, skyrim's dark brotherhood was kinda lame and stupid.
    so i do expect the quest line and story line for dark brotherhood in eso to be amazing due to the past awesomeness of oblivion and morrowind.

This. The Skyrim quests for the Dark Brotherhood were VERY lame. There was no difference in killing for those quests compared to any other quest in the game. Oblivion handled it very well. I enjoyed sitting behind a wall, waiting for the mark to sit in a chair, while I loosened the bolts of the deer head hanging on the wall, to see it crash down on top of him. Or, sneaking up behind someone and dropping poisoned food in their pockets.

I really hope that they take it that way, instead of just another "so and so need to die" kinda thing. I want to have fun with it, and I want to see bonus' for completing the contracts differently.
    “There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” -Will Rogers
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or, sneaking up behind someone and dropping poisoned food in their pockets.
    Or take food, poison it, put it on table.

NPCs don't carry food on them - they have to go to a table and take what's available. If it's poisoned, well...
  • Maximilian
    Maximilian
    ✭✭✭
    Hidden Tunnels in and around the larger cities
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a skill to climb anything, walls, keeps etc. And perhaps a skill that lets you stand on the roof of a building without sliding off.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• majinstef
    majinstef
    ✭✭
    I would like to see some poison skill abilities or even more awsome some poison passive in combat =) , new set of armor, for DB and TG of course, hmmm.....cut throat ability, backstab.....just tossing names now B)