The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

End of Main Story let down, *spoilers

reggielee
reggielee
✭✭✭✭
I just finished the epic battle to kick Molags bottom out of the world....., all my friends were with me at the end. Many of whom I built a relationship with thru long months, fighting alongside me in the dark and grim dungeons, bastions of evil doers or just a hilarious misadventure or three. I chose my most trusted hunk of burning love companion Darien to enter into what we thought would be sure death. Although it seemed hopeless, we had no choice. It was time to face the boss of all bosses.

A few words of goodbye were said, brief thoughts of appreciation shared, then into the fray we marched. battle ensued, mayhem and slaughter.. yadda yadda yadda. baddies vanquished, then off to the psychedelic realm of meridia for last thoughts....

then bam. Restart. New faction. New persona. New zone.

I wont go into the whys or wherefores of this mechanic.. but seriously.... My character was needing a mo'...... a closure before the next adventure. I wanted to find out foremost who survived and mourn those dead. I wanted to sit amongst my comrades in arms and raise a mead to the memories of my fallen wing men and women. I wanted to have a ceremony of remembrance for all the death and sacrifice, a moment where I stood in front of the city and got a right good 'Huzzah!' for spanking Molag.

Most importantly I wanted that back rub from Darien. My most immediate thought after Meridias talk was getting back and finding him alive and in the cups in some bar or find his burnt and ravaged body and bury it with honors... most definitely not leave it to rot and desecration. Before accepting Caldwells quest I ran back to Cold Harbor Fighters Guild to see if they all were there and find Darien. No can do... they all were in pre fight text, gearing up for the main battle again. Ok, I thought, I'll accept the quest from Caddy, sure there will be some cut scene or four.

nothing. new zone. no decompression. no last big drunken party with my mates. No 'remember when's'. No boasting of kills. Now they dont even know who I am and will fight me on sight.

talk about post traumatic stress syndrome.

joking aside, some sort of phase scene for the end would have made the transition much more satisfying. Im sure the writers could have come up with an epic closure, even if it was in a cutaway animation
Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, @reggielee. Thank you for the feedback on this! We have moved the thread to the Main Quest forum, which is meant for conversations surrounding the main quest (as they can be quite spoilery).
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    No rest for the wicked.

However, you don't HAVE to start the alternate quests right away. I went back and finished more Coldharbor (As I was only level 47 after killing Bal). I couldn't hack VR1 stuff (At least I thought haha).
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks, couldnt find the proper spot, role playing forum was my best bet but it seemed more for written stories.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP 100% So sad at the end :(
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, Darien isn't in the Molag Bal fight, so I don't know what your reference to him is about, his fate is clear from what the NPCs say after the last fight you encounter him not sure why you'd look for him after that.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 7, 2014 12:51PM
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I meant the build up to the fight, it was all one stream of activity, take your companion to the portal etc. He was my choice. Then there was the preshadowing of his dream, then the calling of the mage for him to come into the shield and so on. What npc dialogue are you referring to .... the ones by the fallen king? that was really vague, I still wanted to find him, either his body or where he was ported to. same for all my other companions that got locked out from the final battle. there was no closure, I still dont know who survived
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed that people who WRITE *Um,* at the start of a sentence usually write something snarky/condescending? I wonder why that is?
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im sitting here hanging out in forums waiting for the update to finish and trying to figure out if I will continue to play my main character through the new factions or start a new one and experience the game all over again.

the pros for staying with my main is that I like her, I love her class and have history with her. all those acheives! see what supposed end game is about etc

cons: will feel weird running into former companions and they wont know me, I wont want to do another alt ever after seeing all the quest lines already in each zone so there goes experiencing another class to its full potential