Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chain Pull Worthless Now!!!!!

mfischer303b14_ESO
Thanks too all the stupid crying another skill now worthless for DK, chain pull was and is a nec. skill, being pulled off a keep with it is not the DK problem its the player who gets pulled off a wall problem. If that player is not skilled enough to stay out of range that is they problem, This skill was supposed to be the purpose of it, Now you can barely even use the skill on a 5% grade, So once again zerf hammer put into affect by players who are unskilled and keep ruining a game for the people who will be on this game long after they are gone.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been around to see if I can verify this. Can anyone?
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it happen for quite a while. And I can't say, I'm unhappy about that :)
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks too all the stupid crying another skill now worthless for DK, chain pull was and is a nec. skill, being pulled off a keep with it is not the DK problem its the player who gets pulled off a wall problem. If that player is not skilled enough to stay out of range that is they problem, This skill was supposed to be the purpose of it, Now you can barely even use the skill on a 5% grade, So once again zerf hammer put into affect by players who are unskilled and keep ruining a game for the people who will be on this game long after they are gone.

OR in reality land, it had 100% to do with cheaters pulling enemy Faction UP the wall (which were their buddies) so they could get behind the main keep without having to destroy it and run around and kill players as they spawned into Cyro.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

OR in reality land, it had 100% to do with cheaters pulling enemy Faction UP the wall (which were their buddies) so they could get behind the main keep without having to destroy it and run around and kill players as they spawned into Cyro.
    This.

/thread
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pulled off the wall just yesterday. Not sure why it does not work for you.
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was because of the cheaters, however ZoS needed to find a way to fix that without taking away this great skill. I have been a big defender of this game till now. I know it sounds petty and childish, but I really liked pulling people off walls during sieges more than any other part of AvA.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azarul wrote: »
    It was because of the cheaters, however ZoS needed to find a way to fix that without taking away this great skill. I have been a big defender of this game till now. I know it sounds petty and childish, but I really liked pulling people off walls during sieges more than any other part of AvA.

What you like and what is balanced game play are obviously 2 different things. Gain the ability to stop thinking only about yourself and proper compromises can be accomplished.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to chain-pull several AD off a keep wall today in NA Wabbajack. Not sure about pulling up, but pulling down still works.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

What you like and what is balanced game play are obviously 2 different things. Gain the ability to stop thinking only about yourself and proper compromises can be accomplished.

Has absolutely nothing to do with balanced game play. The skill wasn't OP. A skill being used to exploit doesn't mean its unbalanced.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK: Can pull enemies off of (or onto) keep walls.

Sorc: cannot bolt escape to or from a wall.
    Nightblade: cannot teleport strike to a wall (and, in some cases, from a wall).
    Templar: cannot focus charge to or from a wall.

How was this balanced? The change was needed and well deserved. You cant give one class an ability that completely bypasses the entire concept of chokepoint/siege style pvp and not give the other classes some way to match up.

Nightblades have been dealing with "you cant jump that high" errors with ambush since launch. Welcome to the club, DK's.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    DK: Can pull enemies off of (or onto) keep walls.

Sorc: cannot bolt escape to or from a wall.
    Nightblade: cannot teleport strike to a wall (and, in some cases, from a wall).
    Templar: cannot focus charge to or from a wall.

How was this balanced? The change was needed and well deserved. You cant give one class an ability that completely bypasses the entire concept of chokepoint/siege style pvp and not give the other classes some way to match up.

Nightblades have been dealing with "you cant jump that high" errors with ambush since launch. Welcome to the club, DK's.

So by your train of thought all classes should have equal skills. Last time I looked I didn't have any group heals like Templars so I guess that's out of balance. I also didn't notice a go invisible spell like NB guess they need to add that also.

You say none of those other classes can BE, teleport, or charge onto walls, but neither can a DK without help. I cant come up to a wall and chain myself onto it. If someone reflects it its not my fault.

Being used to exploit the game is wrong, being able to pull 2 or 3 people down during a siege is not a game breaker or exploit.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So by your train of thought all classes should have equal skills.

No, by my train of thought no class should have a workaround for a core game mechanic that the others do not.

This game's pvp is based on chokepoints and siege combat. You bottleneck enemies at gates to turn their large force into something more manageable and focus your area damage. You fight off sieges from the walls of your keep while the attackers have to spend time breaking down walls or gates.

being able to pull to or from a wall negates that, in several ways:

1. An attacker pulling defenders off the wall and into the attacking army directly negates the advantage a defending force should have from the walls of their keep. Offense is supposed to be an uphill battle - the way that chains worked previously, a team of dragonknights could single out and wreck the attackers one at a time instead of having to fight them army to army. This makes it entirely too easy for an attacking force to kill the defenders without having to use siege equipment.

2. A defender pulling attackers up to the wall (and into a larger defending force) is the same issue reversed. Attackers have to travel for a long time to get to a battle, and being killed instantly because someone singled you out and pulled you into a swarm of defenders is nothing but a frustration. This tactic allowed defenders to destroy attacking forces with impunity.

3. Exploiters working cross-faction could have dragonknights on one faction pulling the enemy into the walls in order to allow that enemy to infiltrate the keep without having to break down the walls or doors. Not only does this make capturing the keep too quick and easy, it also means that the attackers who take over now have a completely undamaged keep to use to their own means.

Chains circumvents the intended design of stronghold and siege based combat. Allowing nightblades to teleport up to walls would cause the same issues. Allowing charging up the walls would cause the same issues. It was better that they remove the ability to use chains in this manner than to allow the other abilities to work the same way and create a larger problem altogether.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so sorry your gap closer now works like all the others. Sarcasm. I can't use explosive charge to go up or down walls. Can't even use it on a rock. But that's fine if its the same with all gap closers. PS gap closers are never useless.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

Has absolutely nothing to do with balanced game play. The skill wasn't OP. A skill being used to exploit doesn't mean its unbalanced.

When the skill works totally differently all gap closers THEN its not balanced. If you jump off a keep you take damage. Chain now negates that mechanic and pulls you to player while all other gap closers are locked out of triggering if the distance dropped will cause any damage; generally when a skill in a category, in this case gap closer, has a gigantic advantage over all of the others, people consider that unbalanced. You can still have lots of variety and flare in gap closers: you can see by looking at all the other ones.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another example of endless PVP QQing causing a valuable skill to be nerfed in PVE.

I wish PVP was simply dropped from the game, as 10+ years of WOW show, no matter how much the devs pander to PVP QQ the PVPers are never happy.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 28, 2014 11:25AM
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another example of endless PVP QQing causing a valuable skill to be nerfed in PVE.

I wish PVP was simply dropped from the game, as 10+ years of WOW show, no matter how much the devs pander to PVP QQ the PVPers are never happy.

I believe the Veteran nerf proves that the PvE side is just as bad.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, VR was changed because ZOS clearly must have seen large numbers of players leaving because of it. I doubt [sadly] may PVPers left due to being pulled off walls.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 28, 2014 1:24PM
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭

Plus its almost impossible to balance PvP and PvE.

• Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. It's been 1 year since they broke this ability thanks to whiners. Still I can't pull adds in city of ash. Still can't use the damn skill properly.
    Edited by Artheiron on November 13, 2015 10:29AM
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    almost 1 and half years. still no fix.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artheiron wrote: »
    almost 1 and half years. still no fix.

#WorkingAsIntended
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Sharkano
    Sharkano
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have hosed DK's relentlessly, with no end in sight. The game has three classes now.
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if the class is underpowered now tbh. The damned skill is broken!