The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Likely cause of FPS issues (screenshot)

terenth
terenth
Soul Shriven
Stumbled on this by a keep, ball of particles glitched, 4.8 FPS, my guess is I got (lucky) and found this. Willing to bet when fps hit the floor one of these is off map somewhere.
de5hg965ka2d.bmp

Edit* should mention it is not stationary, constant spewing of particles.
Edited by terenth on July 3, 2014 2:56AM
  • terenth
    terenth
    Soul Shriven
    3yy5p5get2zk.bmp

and another.....
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    terenth wrote: »
    Stumbled on this by a keep, ball of particles glitched, 4.8 FPS, my guess is I got (lucky) and found this. Willing to bet when fps hit the floor one of these is off map somewhere.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Take those down and compress them! PNG at least.

Raw 23.6M bitmaps? What kind of monster ARE YOU!?
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    I did see a lot of these lately as well.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Don't give the exploiter zergs ideas D:
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Raw 23.6M bitmaps? What kind of monster ARE YOU!?
    agree.gif
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know what they are but I keep seeing them all over the place as well. I also see light blue ones.

They usually pop up about the same times as my fps drops to 4-5.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

This looks like it could be part of the problem. Glitched particle systems might be a good clue for the dev team.
    :)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good call, i bet your right and this may be the culprit. i hope zenimax see's this and maybe helps all of us by having it removed.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Saw plenty of those myself in the past few days. Reported the issue in another thread.
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    is OP running a 3 screen set up?
  • Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an area in the Alik'r Desert, Southwest of Sentinel I believe, where the quest is to cleanse the water containers. There are dead assassin beetles there with some kind of smoky, glowing haze around them. When your character looks at them FPS drops dramatically but when you look away the rate comes back up. Not sure if they are related or not but might be worth a look into.
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    Soriana wrote: »
    There is an area in the Alik'r Desert, Southwest of Sentinel I believe, where the quest is to cleanse the water containers. There are dead assassin beetles there with some kind of smoky, glowing haze around them. When your character looks at them FPS drops dramatically but when you look away the rate comes back up. Not sure if they are related or not but might be worth a look into.

Now that you mention it those assassin beetles made my frame rate drop something nasty. It was a while ago now but at the time I just put it down to early jitters.

If the same system is being applied to lit spells that would explain a lot!

*edited so as to actually make sense.
    Edited by jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO on July 8, 2014 3:24AM
    I can has typing!
  • terenth
    terenth
    Soul Shriven
    Forztr wrote: »
    is OP running a 3 screen set up?
    Yxes amd eyefinity res- 5760x1080