The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alt+tabbing out of the game

daemonios
daemonios
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, in addition to the Cyrodiil fps problem, the unexpected loading screens that land me in a pool of my own blood when the game resumes and other various bugs, I've recently picked up a new problem: most times when I alt+tab out of the game and then back, the game is completely unresponsive.

When this happens, I can't force-close the game with Alt+F4. If I Alt+tab to the desktop again all I get is a black screen and none of the other programs will display on top of it. This won't let me try to kill the game via task manager. I also can't get it to close by right-clicking the taskbar and selecting "close window". Basically, all I can do is sign out of the session or restart the PC, closing all programs in the process.

My setup: Asus laptop, core i7 2.5 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce 740m, Windows 8.1 x64.

Does anyone else have this issue or can suggest a possible fix? None of my other programs ever crash so completely that I have to log off or restart - does ESO somehow not follow standard Windows APIs so you can freaking close it when it misbehaves?
  • NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    So I logged in today, got ingame, had to alt-tab as I frequently do and my game froze. Nothing brings it back and it even freezes on the login screen. I tried disabling the various options for my video card and removing addons and it still freezes when I drop to desktop. I have not modified my system in any way since the last update and never had an issue before today. Weird!
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"