Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A healer @ Molag's

BlackSilks
BlackSilks
Soul Shriven
I dump my character in front of the Harborage as the tea brews. I frown. So far all of my quests have been accomplished, with help or solo, but usually several levels above cowardice and lazyness. I squint at the screen as a fellow Tamriel dweller zips past me and grabbing the tea, pour it, sigh.

Fellow forumners. I seek help. My character, a v1 healer Templar, innocent, noobish, failure, does not know how to kill big MB. Throughout her innocent and cowardly life most of her foes have been met severely outranked. I'm talking about 47 destroying 42s and at v1 going ahead to slay Mannimarco as easy as eating the too soft peach in the fridge. It's easy and sweet.

But then my character, chubby as she is, stands in front of the exit of the Hollow city in Coldharbour, gulps, freezes in her spot and trembles.

She does not feel confidence, she does however feel fear, and I, as her all encompassing omnipotent indicator find myself in a situation where I can't level fast enough, or even at all, to beat his great majesty in a way that her shaking will not be a hindrance.

Most of us forumners, possibly all, will tell me L2P and point at me and laugh (as I have certainly laughed at myself). In turn I am thus raising my tea and ask you thus
1) teach me how to pass MB easily while still upholding my status as an at least half way passable healer (which would probably raise my efficiency by about 20% anyways)
2) tell me how to level my character to a point where killing MB will not leave me quivering and crawling in madness and tears, possibly in such ways that I can move on to newer grounds
3) partake in my misery or gloat at your own efficiency

However, as I acknowledge that this does give quite a bit of a margin on how to be helpful to a noob in distress, i ask you thus: please, please don't send me into the slaughterhouse that we call PvP. The last memorable time I partook in such an exercise I was examining a quite exquisite butterfly when a quite large beast of an unidentified race (due to the speed of said beast I could only catch glimpses of a yellow crest) before I lay on the floor, half finished iced coffee dribbling from my also rapidly cooling corpses lips.

Any help is welcome, any criticism welcome, trolls and baiters welcome (unless moderator decide otherwise).

Tl;dr: I am a sad excuse of a Templar healer and have no idea how to kill Molag Bal
Edited by BlackSilks on July 1, 2014 9:20PM
I might not be strong, or beautiful or especially wise... but I am kind and I am unique, and that my friend, is more then enough for me.
  • BlackSilks
    BlackSilks
    Soul Shriven
    Seems I-ll be left in front of these gates by myself without a hand in sight for helpful tips. Maybe if I offer some tea
    I might not be strong, or beautiful or especially wise... but I am kind and I am unique, and that my friend, is more then enough for me.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there :)

Could you tell us what weapons and abilities your Templar uses? It would be easier to give advice then.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I used a Templar healer, pure spec as well. Just use healing staff and keep your heals working. Auto attack to regenerate magicka constantly, don't use any DPS skills to waste magicka on, use it all to healing. You should be able to do it with your eyes closed.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RangerChad wrote: »
    I used a Templar healer, pure spec as well. Just use healing staff and keep your heals working. Auto attack to regenerate magicka constantly, don't use any DPS skills to waste magicka on, use it all to healing. You should be able to do it with your eyes closed.

This, exactly. My sorc couldn't take him at L48 with a destro staff so I switched to resto staff. I blocked, kited, ran around, and finally Meridia pulled me out and it was over.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way @BlackSilks, that's a very nicely written post. You must be a big-time RP'er.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kite. Kite. Kite.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Neyephe
    Neyephe
    I did ok on my full resto templar at VR1... After the titans were down (just stand and block their fire balls, they will kill themselves) I seriously just stood in one spot and let the aoe fire stuff that Molag threw at me hit... just healed over it and kept my resto staff on him. I only moved when he jumped in the air to pounce on me or do his mace attack. As Ranger above said do not use any magicka spells except healing. Took over 10 minutes but he finally went down. :)
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with Weberda - awesome post.

Not sure how much you know about fight mechanics, so here it goes:
    * When the titans come out to play, stop what you're doing and just block. Right-click and hold it and they'll take care of themselves. KInda looks like pinball.
    * I've noticed a lot of people(me included) switch over to healer with a ranged weapon and find it easier.
    * Don't use any mana to kill, save all of it to heal; for damage use stam-based abilities(Silver Bolts was my fav since I'm a sorc).
    * His attacks don't one-shot you, but they do hurt like a truck, so try and stay out of the way. I spent most of my time running away valiantly. Then he'd stop, summon circles of red and I'd attack while trying not to stand in more than one.
    * It'll probably take a couple times and it's a long fight, but stick with it. There's a cool cut scene after.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    1. slot Entropy (mage's guild)
    2. slot regeneration (restoration staff)
    3. slot honour the dead (Templar, restoring light instant heal)
    4. profit!

Bring lots of health (absorb spikes) and good magika/stamina regen (it's a long fight).

Don't use any skill that slows your movement/prevents you from dodging or blocking, and don't waste any stamina or magika trying to dps. Just keep Regeneration on yourself, Entropy on him for a steady hot, and pop away with light attack while avoiding red stuff. When the adds come, hold down block and reflect damage till they all dead. If you go below 50%, honour the dead is an instant heal and will proc a nice power return.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (For others that might have same issue - assuming OP has made it past this.)

Self heals, shields if possible.

Ranged preferred, and a whole lotta not standing still.

It's not your typical boss fight. This one takes time.

And don't mistake survival for cowardice. This is not necessarily a stand toe-to-toe kinda fight for your build.

Thanks for the tea, by the way.

(P.S. If you weren't mildly distressed by the thought, it wouldn't be an Epic Immersive fight, now would it?)

Repeat after me: "I am about to slay a God."
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS