The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Movement in ESO is critical

Hilgara
Hilgara
✭✭✭✭✭
Movement is critical in this game. If you are used to playing WoW then unless you were a rogue you could just stand there and slog it out or pew pew away and only worry about telegraphed AOE’s.
I see a lot of people standing in a group of mobs hammering away in ESO but without moving their feet. Many of the mobs in this game have a short cast time for their big hit abilities, typically about half a second. For that duration they stop tracking you. Now if you aren’t moving you will always get hit but if you are circling your opponent then that half second means you move out of the dead zone. His works much better then dodge/roll or blocking because you don’t have to react to a cue. You automatically avoid the hit due to the cast time and the tracking delay. There are a few abilities where this doesn't apply like uppercut which seems to be an untelegraphed AOE so no matter where you are it will hit if you don't dodge/roll but its a good general rule to apply. Maintaining your damage while circling takes a little getting used to but its worth the effort because movement in this game = damage mitigation
Edited by Hilgara on July 1, 2014 12:24PM
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    Playing this game has DEFINITELY taught me the importance of kiting and how to dance-fight. XD Love it!
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Sound and well-observed advice. I rarely use dodge/roll, just keep moving and circling, doesn't always work, but can mitigate a lot of damage and give you time to heal
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Especially as a dual wield nightblade. Just to in circles around your target while you hit them. Helps alot.
    Edited by AreoHotah on July 5, 2014 1:40PM
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Generally try to move in most games, but especially this game, as you had to move in the single player TES games, so it was natural to continue.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, that's why combat is so great in ESO!