The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Acceptable taunt"...

• Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    Wow, can't believe that word has been censored. This forum has reached a new low.

Really? You can't believe it?

Most forums are moderated for profanity or explicit language.

The word is not profane or explicit. It's just a gesture which describes a similarity to a hot drink.

Well golly gee willikers, Beaver! Do you think that the body part that stands in for the satchel of herbs and spices would potentially be considered explicit on the forums?

You said Beaver, which is often known as something else. Herbs, your might be talking about drugs. Explicit could be a band. I'm sure Willikers gets dirty somewhere.

The funny thing about the English language is the way it steals words and distorts them at will. In this case, the (snipped) word is a commonly used term in gaming.

While I'm not sure I agree with censoring it, nor do I think it is any more or less profane than many other words we use here daily, it is ZOS' forums, and their rules.

Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From now on, let's refer to it as "Show Boating".

I remember my first online FPS, Resistance: Fall of Man, I naturally 'show boated' before even knowing it was a thing. This is a way to gloat or brag about your victory to your opponent.

Is it a bad thing? I've always believed one should earn the right to show boat. Camping in corners, or using some cheap tactics or exploits, and then show boating about it has always been a huge facepalm.

I usually show boat when my opponent had the advantage and I still beat them, usually to gloat that I overcame the odds and won with sheer skill. Everyone will make their own choices, but I have heard that in Major League Gaming tournaments (I know, what a joke), they will disqualify you for unsportsmanlike conduct. Even real sports like the NFL penalize players for show boating, but that's more because so many are watching.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on July 1, 2014 12:35AM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, my question, when do you think it's 'acceptable' to (snip). I ask, as I don't do it. I see some doing it after killing anyone, killing higher levels etc.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content & Language]

I would say it is 'acceptable' here any time; perhaps even that ZOS encourages us to do it.

If they did not wish for us to stimulate our egos with mocking gyrations against our victim's face, they would have let us simply use /dishonor in combat.
    Emotes are disabled in combat though.
    Message seems clear to me. >:)
    I don't actually do this, but I would like to be able to /salute a someone who gives me a good fight.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess violence is ok and reproductive organs are not.

Well, what did you expect? This is a forum run from the US with all their taboos, and the game itself is very much focused on violence, but it is not at all about reproductive organs. Different cultures have different opinions on what is considered offensive, and catering to everyone means using the most easily offended crowd as the standard.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by SFBryan18 on July 1, 2014 1:09AM
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    What is the big uproar over tea? Bags are much more important if you ask me what with the limited face....er...space and all.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    shutterstock_21183613.jpg

Not appropriate.....Ever!
  • Mescalamba
    Mescalamba
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer tea leaves.. also prefer not to do this, ever.

What worries me more is that this game isnt for kids and yet we need to be careful what we say all the time?

Puritan muricans I guess..
    Proud owner of personal vampire and werewolf army (4 werewolves/4 vampires)..

I'm also using large doses of irony and sarcasm.

Plus Im mean person, cause I really dont have reason to like you. Or anyone.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL, the first like 10 posts of this are hilarious with all the snippage.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade