The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why don't you just shut it down and bring it back up when you've fixed it?

Con64
Con64
✭✭✭
Things have just gone way too far down the rabbit hole with this game.
I've been with this game since day one and I don't believe you had full control over this game engine to start off with.
It was released too early with way too many bugs.
There must be a fundamental flaw with the game engine if you are not able to control or predict the outcome of your patches.
There will always be errors patching but this is just too much to ignore.
To add additional features to a broken game is just asking for trouble.
Do the right thing and take the game down for a while until you are on top of things.
We need a more stable and reliable game, if we are to pay to play.
I do want this game to succeed....I think we all do.
Edited by Con64 on June 30, 2014 9:29PM
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to happen. They've already lost too many subs. If they took it down for say, a month... Not many people would come back. They don't want people taking the time to see what else is out there.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they shut it down, I don't think they would restart it, it needs to continue and grow or it will die.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such hyperbole.

Still maybe locking Cyrodiil isn't such a bad idea (preferably with all the Baron von Münchhausens inside).
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    I think a better idea if they haven't done so already would be halt all new feature development and fully concentrate on fixing all current bugs. Until that is done and the platform is stable i don't see any new features working right anyway.
  • XanadoX
    XanadoX
    ✭✭
    Halt subs too
    Edited by XanadoX on June 30, 2014 10:13PM
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like you want the forums to explode in a ball of fiery nerdrage.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Madval
    Madval
    ✭✭✭
    No please don't *** it down ! I love this fabulous game :/ OK they are things not perfect. Like, mmhhh.. I don't know but I'll find one day. Ah yeah I want more polygon for my super PC ! Thanks ! :)
  • Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you're actually playing the game. It works fantastically. It's not perfect, but neither is any other game out there, especially at MMO infant stage. If you think ESO is broken, you clearly have only ever played ESO. It rarely crashes (check your internet modem before you think it's a game crash), gets regular maintenance and updates- perhaps even too often- that actually do not break as much as these forums let on, and I have had nothing but positive experiences with customer service... I suspect largely because I treat them like human beings instead of programmer robots. Calm down. Take a breath. It's just a game.
  • necrolineage
    necrolineage
    ✭✭✭
    If they shut it down, I don't think they would restart it, it needs to continue and grow or it will die.

He's already dying
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

They screwed a lot of stuff that could benefit from a total re-write. It worked for Final Fantasy, so it has been done before.
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    FFXIV did this and came out just fine. Those saying it wouldn't work are just the same people making blind statements on every other thread. At most, I think they should make it Free to play until it is fixed.

Not free to play in the aspect that most are going to jump to. Free to play as in, there is a subscription, but they are not charging it right now. :neutral_face:

I am not even saying they should do it, but if they were to do something along those lines, I would say suspend subscriptions.
    Edited by Cudda on July 1, 2014 12:08AM
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They lost over a million subscribers when the words "Class System" came out of their mouths, and another Million when TES fans realized that the class system was SO limiting during the beta and the devs refused to overhaul it or change it.

The damage is done.

1. If they want to fix anything they need to issue a blanket apology for a poor release, suspend subs, offer 3 to 6 month of free playtime to current subscribers once the servers come back up,

Then shut the game down and overhaul the entire thing as well as fix all the bugs.

OR

2. Send out a blanket apology for the *** release, Reclassify the game as Open beta and suspend subscriptions while allowing current subscribers (or anyone who buys the game) to play for free until the game is fixed. Then Re-implement Subscriptions, and give those that participated in the open beta something for helping them test and fix it, and remaining with the game though a tough time.

If I was the Game owner, I would probably do number 2.
    Edited by Malpherian on July 1, 2014 12:19AM
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Con64 wrote: »
    Things have just gone way too far down the rabbit hole with this game.
    I've been with this game since day one and I don't believe you had full control over this game engine to start off with.
    It was released too early with way too many bugs.
    There must be a fundamental flaw with the game engine if you are not able to control or predict the outcome of your patches.
    There will always be errors patching but this is just too much to ignore.
    To add additional features to a broken game is just asking for trouble.
    Do the right thing and take the game down for a while until you are on top of things.
    We need a more stable and reliable game, if we are to pay to play.
    I do want this game to succeed....I think we all do.

Dude, didn't you see what happened to FFXIV?

Shhh. Got enough problems already without having to worry about meteors.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    I might be in the minority (though I doubt it), but I have no issues running or playing this game. It goes without saying that what you're suggesting probably won't happen, but I'll just add a voice as one who would really not appreciate if they turned the whole thing off and brought it back when it was "fixed".
    Edited by pinstripesc on July 1, 2014 12:33AM
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    They lost over a million subscribers when the words "Class System" came out of their mouths, and another Million when TES fans realized that the class system was SO limiting during the beta and the devs refused to overhaul it or change it.

The damage is done.

1. If they want to fix anything they need to issue a blanket apology for a poor release, suspend subs, offer 3 to 6 month of free playtime to current subscribers once the servers come back up,

Then shut the game down and overhaul the entire thing as well as fix all the bugs.

OR

2. Send out a blanket apology for the *** release, Reclassify the game as Open beta and suspend subscriptions while allowing current subscribers (or anyone who buys the game) to play for free until the game is fixed. Then Re-implement Subscriptions, and give those that participated in the open beta something for helping them test and fix it, and remaining with the game though a tough time.

2 isn't a terrible idea. :D
    Basic circle of complaints on ESO Forums:
    1) Users: Fix game/class/bug
    2) Zenimax Online: Brings servers down and fixes issues and deploys patches.
    3) Users: OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!
    4) Zenimax Online: Brings servers back up!
    5) See 1)

VR10 Sword and Board Templar (Heavy Armour), Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 25 Sorcerer, Daggerfall Covenant
    LVL 28 DK, Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 15 Nightblade, Altmari Dominion
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I have seen people have these sort of issues in the past, generally a couple of self inflicted uppercuts seems to help.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an idea, why don't you unsub and stop playing until they've fixed it? Consider the rest of us beta testers if it makes you feel better.
    [DC/NA]
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Money. Players, people in general, have short attention spans.

The same players that are gung *** hard core "ESO can do no wrong" players today, would not return next month if the game was offline for a few weeks. The draw is the feeling you will miss something if you are not on everyday researching traits or gathering, doing RvR to raise AP, you get the point.

If the most hard core of ES followers had that short time to go through the with drawl of not having those feelings of thinking the game rewards them or needs them, they would also move on quite easily.

Call it a trend, here today, gone tomorrow. Everything works that way.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might be in the minority (though I doubt it), but I have no issues running or playing this game. It goes without saying that what you're suggesting probably won't happen, but I'll just add a voice as one who would really not appreciate if they turned the whole thing off and brought it back when it was "fixed".

I second this. Though I am about to go on vacation.. so maybe if it only went down for my vacation days when I'm not gonna be able to play anyway... I'm pretty selfish though.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The same players that are gung *** hard core "ESO can do no wrong" players today, would not return next month if the game was offline for a few weeks. The draw is the feeling you will miss something if you are not on everyday researching traits or gathering, doing RvR to raise AP, you get the point.

If the most hard core of ES followers had that short time to go through the with drawl of not having those feelings of thinking the game rewards them or needs them, they would also move on quite easily.

So wrong, it's painful to read.

Just because you don't enjoy the gameplay of this game, doesn't mean the people who say they do are lying and are addicted to some reward system, as you imply.
    [DC/NA]
  • boogie95
    boogie95
    ✭✭✭

The damage is done.

OR

so you know how many people left the game. yes the game has bugs what mmo dont have bugs but you all are saying its way worse then it is.

you seem to have all the answers why not make your own MMO game. Know matter what they do or offer us there will always be people bitching how something isent right and how they think it should be either play the game or dont
    Edited by boogie95 on July 1, 2014 12:50AM
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boogie95 wrote: »

The damage is done.

OR

so you know how many people left the game. yes the game has bugs what mmo dont have bugs but you all are saying its way worse then it is.

you seem to have all the answers why not make your own MMO game. Know matter what they do or offer us there will always be people bitching how something isent right and how they think it should be either play the game or dont

I owned a private wow server for about 2 years (till it got hacked and the core was destroyed). We went from rank 800 to the top 5 in 2 months. When a user complained on the forums a GM usually responded (we also had an active ticket system and GMs online 24/7 who would actually convo and whisper you when they got to your ticket or email you if you were not online) (sometimes a Co admin or admin, and if it was more of a bug issue the Architect).

In the news section, every single week was posted a list of known bugs, and updated with what was being worked on that week, and was was being tested on the PTR.

Every week their was an update or patch, occasionally if the issue warranted it, we would take the server offline for an hour of "Emergency maintenance" to fix a glaring bug. Like a quest not completing because an inventory item wouldn't drop (which is about a 10 second fix in the database honestly then you just restart the server), or an item wasn't interacting properly for it to complete.

Our population went from 25 to over 5,000 in 2 weeks (which is a lot for a P server) and more then some of the Bliz main servers have).

If I could do that with a team of 5-10 people, on a game just as large (or even larger) then ESO. The devs have 0 excuses to only release 20 fixes a month. My team could do that in a few days. And my team were self taught, not professional devs.

Every game has issues on release, but there is no excuse for continuous problems which should only take 5 minuets to fix to begin with.

Our server was also very profitable. Albeit the profit was by donations. People have to actually like your *** to donate.

So yea If they gave me control of this game it would be fixed in a matter of weeks (for the most part) and a few months at the long end. But beyond that I would improve the communications and lift the restrictions from such from the devs and Community staff. I would just add a line in the TOS and Eula that stated something to the accord of anyting stated by devs is not a fact and may or may not end up in game etc/whatever. So things could actually be discussed.

Players would get the game they wanted, not the game the studio thinks would be best. because players make the game it's money. Which is something most companies forget.
    Edited by Malpherian on July 1, 2014 1:14AM
  • Mescalamba
    Mescalamba
    ✭✭✭
    boogie95 wrote: »

The damage is done.

OR

I owned a private wow server for about 2 years (till it got hacked and the core was destroyed). We went from rank 800 to the top 5 in 2 months. When a user complained on the forums a GM usually responded (we also had an active ticket system and GMs online 24/7 who would actually convo and whisper you when they got to your ticket or email you if you were not online) (sometimes a Co admin or admin, and if it was more of a bug issue the Architect).

In the news section, every single week was posted a list of known bugs, and updated with what was being worked on that week, and was was being tested on the PTR.

Every week their was an update or patch, occasionally if the issue warranted it, we would take the server offline for an hour of "Emergency maintenance" to fix a glaring bug. Like a quest not completing because an inventory item wouldn't drop (which is about a 10 second fix in the database honestly then you just restart the server), or an item wasn't interacting properly for it to complete.

Our population went from 25 to over 5,000 in 2 weeks (which is a lot for a P server) and more then some of the Bliz main servers have).

If I could do that with a team of 5-10 people, on a game just as large (or even larger) then ESO. The devs have 0 excuses to only release 20 fixes a month. My team could do that in a few days. And my team were self taught, not professional devs.

Every game has issues on release, but there is no excuse for continuous problems which should only take 5 minuets to fix to begin with.

Our server was also very profitable. Albeit the profit was by donations. People have to actually like your *** to donate.

So yea If they gave me control of this game it would be fixed in a matter of weeks (for the most part) and a few months at the long end. But beyond that I would improve the communications and lift the restrictions from such from the devs and Community staff. I would just add a line in the TOS and Eula that stated something to the accord of anyting stated by devs is not a fact and may or may not end up in game etc/whatever. So things could actually be discussed.

Players would get the game they wanted, not the game the studio thinks would be best. because players make the game it's money. Which is something most companies forget.

Hm, thing is, this isnt WoW (even with emulated core). WoW is build rather reasonable way and fixing stuff isnt that much of roccet science, you dont need to recompile stuff (unless its really broken).

This game is build in insane rigid console-like way which makes creating patches incredibly hard. They made something which resembles more of very big single player game for consoles and they apparently thought they will release bit of patches and one content update once per month. Near no way of hotfixing it.

Saw something very similar happening to DICE, where even rather small changes required huge patches, cause they needed to recompile big portions of games in order to apply tiny patches.

IMHO, consoles are probably behind this.. full PC game designed like any regular MMO wouldnt have these issues.
    Proud owner of personal vampire and werewolf army (4 werewolves/4 vampires)..

I'm also using large doses of irony and sarcasm.

Plus Im mean person, cause I really dont have reason to like you. Or anyone.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

So wrong, it's painful to read.

Just because you don't enjoy the gameplay of this game, doesn't mean the people who say they do are lying and are addicted to some reward system, as you imply.

Irony.
    Point made.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    Not going to happen. They've already lost too many subs. If they took it down for say, a month... Not many people would come back. They don't want people taking the time to see what else is out there.

People came back to FFXIV
  • Shadowhorn
    Shadowhorn
    ✭✭
    Eorea wrote: »
    . Calm down. Take a breath. It's just a game.

Yeah its just game. Something to do in your free time. Something to have fun with... right... but... it feels like a chore playing this game.

PvP FPS issues ( were never fixed, spell bars greyed out in fights so you cant even fight back )

PvE issues FPS drops in dungeons / supposedly fixed by relogging but I didnt need to relog in the beta when I did dungeons so what the hell /
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good question if the op is talking to himself. As for the rest of us, we prefer to play the game as is.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since early access and had very few issues. Biggest issue being quest phasing when grouping and must do solo quests. As playing with my wife we would have loved to do all content together. Well soon we are over those, only Molag to handle with our chars that we play together.

No I don't see need to shut down the whole thing and fix everything as it seems to work reasonably well. And if shut down what would I do then? You can think of Al Bundy here, what happens when Becky and Al has spare time alone.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Slash8915 wrote: »

People came back to FFXIV

People made the Final Fantasy arguement against Swtor as well, it didn't work there either.

This is a game with issues, but Final Fantasy was a game that was completely broken, it didn't work at all. Given that people have reached Veteran 12 levels, you can not in all seriousness make the same claim about this game.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ausmack2014
    ausmack2014
    ✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Here's an idea, why don't you unsub and stop playing until they've fixed it? Consider the rest of us beta testers if it makes you feel better.

In fact, that's what I've done. I unsubbed because I didn't care to pay a subscription for what felt like a rough draft of an unfinished story. I'm currently playing Wildstar, which is newer than ESO, has FAR less problems, and is heaps of fun. It's not only the bugs and glitches and bots in this game that annoyed me, but also many of the game systems, which appeared to be designed to the benefit of the company and not for me. So they can't have an auction house or individual character bank spaces because they only have one server? Well gosh, too bad for the players but its better for the company that way - less data to manage, less hardware to buy and maintain. The players will put up with it. That and all the other, frankly, dumb game decisions, are what put me off the game. If they ever change their minds and make it a more "user friendly" game, I might come back. But its looking less and less likely.