The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where do you go to "hang"

JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Where do most people go to do town stuff?

Hollow city.
Starting city
Capital city
Craglorn

So why do you go where and what promotes you too?

I usually go to VGuard or Elden root.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on level. Seems 1-49, most people hang out in the main city of whatever zone they are doing. VR1-6, people hang out in the starting city. VR 7-10, same. VR10-12 is a toss up. Used to be Craglorn, but that place is pretty empty now.

I'm AD, and I personally hang out in Davon's Watch (VR1 starting city) more than anywhere because it seems to be the most active. When I'm not in Cyrodiil, that is.
    Edited by Slash8915 on June 30, 2014 9:36PM
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I end up going to Riften or Daggerfall a lot. The banks are very close to the crafting areas. I am lazy.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nearest gas station. Cause it's the nearest.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no real social tool to gather.

In open world MMOs, there is a capital city where 1-50th level players can go.

When Cyrodill opens up, I hope there is a neutral place where all players can gather for a drink or play mini games and just hang out and have fun.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha best layout.

Riften almost good but stables 1 mile away.

Davons watch is ok, alot of people there if AD as me.

Stormhold is a comfortable town too.

On my alts I go to the closest city.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    There is no real social tool to gather.

In open world MMOs, there is a capital city where 1-50th level players can go.

When Cyrodill opens up, I hope there is a neutral place where all players can gather for a drink or play mini games and just hang out and have fun.

That would be pretty bad ass. The more immersion the better.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall. Aside from being my favorite city, I like the layout for my crafting rounds and I like to watch all the lowbies running around, wondering what they'll be when they grow up. Sometimes I just stand on top of the fountain in the town square and /lute for 20 minutes.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Tharvall
    Tharvall
    ✭✭✭
    Grahtwood. Because there are at least some people there. Without any real capital, people are not only scattered across all zones of a faction, thanks to the VR crap they're scattered all over the world.

Another bright idea by Zenimax.

• kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on AD there seems to be quite a congregation in grahtwood and reapers march.

My crafter has been in grahtwood forever now because of how easy it is to access everything; though on the downside I do have to listen to that kajiit and bosmer talk about sheogorrath and how the kajiit's sister makes stuff up all the time. /sigh..
    Edited by kieso on June 30, 2014 10:08PM
  • Madval
    Madval
    ✭✭✭
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is people being scattered in all zones a bad thing? It would be worse with no people in any given zone at any given time.

On to the point of this thread: Rawl'Kha and Elden Root, along with Craglorn of course, are very populated for hanging out/crafting, etc.. it seems (along with a few others in the VR zones for AD. Rawl'Kha is my favorite to get things done because everything is right there including the Wayshrine. If I am more just hanging out, then it's Craglorn for me, for the most part.
  • LordEcks
    LordEcks
    ✭✭✭
    Most people hang out in the East Commons tunnel. Next to the Dark Shady. Can generally find people selling stuff in zone chat there. Sometimes duels too.

Careful though because every once and a while some jerk likes to train the Freeport guards all the way inside the tunnel to the North Ro zoneline.

Some people man....
  • xanikk999
    xanikk999
    ✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    The nearest gas station. Cause it's the nearest.

People actually do this?
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the left. In game, Evermore.
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    Riften is nice since the bank and crafting is close to the wayshrine.

Same with the first major town you get to in Shadowfen, with the added bonus of having the stable right by the wayshrine if you still need to feed your horse.
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    A main capital city would be cool.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordEcks wrote: »
    Most people hang out in the East Commons tunnel. Next to the Dark Shady. Can generally find people selling stuff in zone chat there. Sometimes duels too.

Careful though because every once and a while some jerk likes to train the Freeport guards all the way inside the tunnel to the North Ro zoneline.

Some people man....

I know....I even died from skeletons being trained from the ruins below......

Sometimes though, you get lucky finding other people's stuff with gold lying on the ground at the top area of the tunnel - from people exchanging gold/stuff between their characters.....finder's keepers I say!
    Edited by Qyrk on July 1, 2014 12:04AM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my Daggerfall character it's usually Sentinel because she is a Redguard.

But, if I have access to it, I always go to Bal Foyen, can't get enough of that place, great for farming, and just about everything you'd ever need under 1 roof.
    [DC/NA]
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha and Dhalmora. :)

Now if only Zenimax would place a cooking fire in the market area in Dhalmora it would be absolutely perfect. :)
    PC EU
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    Rawl'kha and Dhalmora. :)

Now if only Zenimax would place a cooking fire in the market area in Dhalmora it would be absolutely perfect. :)

True about the cooking fire. But there is one in many of the houses surrounding the main building.
    [DC/NA]
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "where" doesn't really matter, but I always hang in a buffalo stance.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl' kha. It's like a complete city in a shoebox...
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shornhelm: wayshrine, crafting tables, bank, and stables all so conveniently close together.
  • philip.ploegerb16_ESO
    Rivenspire if below VR1
    Reapers March if VR1 and above

Reason: Bank and Crafting Stations are very near to the wayshrine, cities are small.
    Noricum

Thx to Giny, Sarana, Thaili, Derra, Cherahim, Gloy, Raweelz and Drimacus, you make the game worth playing even with AoE-caps, no usefull progression past Assault / Support Rank 10, and with PvP being not even close to balanced.

Chars: Sera - VR12 Templar (Heal / DPS) ||| Seraliah - VR12 Dragonknight (DPS / Tank)
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anywhere away for 5-year-olds jumping around like they're on a bouncy castle and away from idiots spamming AoEs just to be a PITA.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starter zone of VR1
    Why: More People for grouping , selling , buying , trading etc
  • rbenkepub19_ESO
    rbenkepub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    VR4 here, but I go to Riften when I need to do city stuff.
  • NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    That town right in the middle of Reapers March. Everything is really close by so its not a pain to do my maintenance.
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the AD, Reaper's March is the capital of commerce and trade, because the central town is so compact and convenient, and everything is so close to the wayshrine.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Windhelm tavern of course. D'uh.