Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Disturbing Trends.

frwinters_ESO
frwinters_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Every patch the patch notes are generally incomplete in some way. They are missing changes, undocumented changes etc. I know you have a large community to make happy and get notes out there, but quality is better. Us the players will find more bugs, we will discover more exploits, and we will notice changes you do not document. I would expect forgetting a few things early on, but when there is no progress in how important news is presented, there becomes a feeling of laziness and us consumers feeling a lack of faith in the company and the product.

More bugs happen after patches then prior to said patch. Items you say are fixed are not fixed. FPS issue game wide? This can be game breaking on some systems. If this was a free to play game, sure you cant complain, but this is a subscription game. We pay to play and if we can not play the game efficiently why should be play? This causes a lack of faith in the company and the product.

Overall, I have enjoyed the game since day one. I know there would be bugs and balance issues, but the overall performance of the game itself is in decline and that is bad. It is not a good sign.

Sounds like some peoples jobs need to be re-evaluated because the game honestly feels more broken then fixed. I would be happy to hear the next content upgrade would be delayed so you can get both your teams working on the games performance and the game breaking bugs, like this FPS issue that was not there prior.

This is an honest opinion on the trends I have personally been witnessing.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd probably be useful for the person writing the patch notes to talk to the guy putting the final 'OK' on the patch, so they can agree on whats actually in the patch.

After all, the guy 'OK'g the patch is the one who's supposed to know EVERYthing in the patch, yes?
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you pay someone $15/month, you own the company.

True story.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But dont worry the fanboys will say these are the best developers ever.
  • jquestb16_ESO2
    The problem could also be lack of people on the test server, most games people are excited to see what comes down the pipe and the test servers have a good population. Hard to test when lots of people are bailing on the game entirely.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

True story.

I'm taking this as sarcasm, which is fine. I know I do not own the company, but when you pay to play a game your still a customer. Companies generally like to know how they are doing. Put in a service ticket and you will get a survey. There is no survey for just general unhappiness so we have the forums here, so this is my personal survey.

I know people will flame this thread, they will agree or disagree with it which is fine. These are simply my thoughts and feelings. The devs on other threads always say they pay attention to the feedback on these forums, so this is mine.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I'm not addressing the issue, so I'm deleting it.
    Edited by twev on June 30, 2014 8:31PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem could also be lack of people on the test server.
    It's not just the lack of people. It's the lack of what's accessible on the test server.

No Cyrodiil on PTS. What does no Cyrodiil mean? No AvA. What does no AvA mean? Silver Shards bug goes live.

No high-end crafters on PTS (nobody's got the research and have to start at level 1 crafting). What does that mean? No testing of set bonuses on PTS. You only find out after the messed up functionality goes live.

I haven't even checked to see if there are any vamp spawns...
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

They may just do that. I considered myself a fanboy up until now to be honest. I have many posts where I was defending the game as it is still early. Games need time to get the kinks out, but when you get to a point you cant even play the game? More bugs come after every patch that replace bugs they fix?
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem could also be lack of people on the test server, most games people are excited to see what comes down the pipe and the test servers have a good population. Hard to test when lots of people are bailing on the game entirely.

One of the bigger mistakes Zenimax made was allowing only a select group on the PTS after launch. Allowing the normal player base access to the PTS realm would have benefited the developers far greater than the min/maxers getting exclusive privilege to it.

I am not sure of the logic behind the exclusivity of PTS for the first few months but it is apparent to me that it was detrimental in many ways. PTS has always been the best way for developers to get good feedback on the current state of the game as well as upcoming patches.

With such a low participation rate currently, it is no wonder that the patches continue to be what they are.
    Edited by Mablung on June 30, 2014 8:42PM
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't the problem. Not listening to their testers and not allowing their testers to test everything is the problem.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. And stealth nerfs make it impossible to know what is a bug and what is intended.

For example, the amount and quality of upgrade materials gained from refining raw materials has been reduced by at least 50%. Is this a bug or a stealth nerf? No one knows and ZOS won't say anything about it. And this happened several patches ago.

Patch 1.2.3 reduced the spawn rate of resource nodes. Was this as stealth nerf or a bug? Seems that it would be a bug, since the patch before 1.2.3, they added more resource nodes. But once again, horrible patch notes and poor communication on Zenimax's part leave the players scratching their heads.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes are vague and incomplete. Lack of developer/manager community interaction. I can't imagine their internal communication is very good either. Programmers overwhelmed due to most likely unreasonable deadlines. I don't think I would want to work for ZOS right now.

I like this game as much as the next guy, probably a lot more than some, but my patience is wearing thin. I hope they can turn it around and get the game running better so they can focus on quality of life improvements and interesting content.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 30, 2014 8:47PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breaking news from ZOS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EQ6yJJoP4Q

True story.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »

One of the bigger mistakes Zenimax made was allowing only a select group on the PTS after launch. Allowing the normal player base access to the PTS realm would have benefited the developers far greater than the min/maxers getting exclusive privilege to it.

I am not sure of the logic behind the exclusivity of PTS for the first few months but it is apparent to me that it was detrimental in many ways. PTS has always been the best way for developers to get good feedback on the current state of the game as well as upcoming patches.

With such a low participation rate currently, it is no wonder that the patches continue to be what they are.
    @Mablung
    Half of the stuff in 1.2.3. was never even on the PTS. And the same has been true for the whole PTS existence.

The last build on the PTS before the game went LIVE never ever made it to LIVE. We had been testing it for weeks and then ZOS decided to go LIVE with a completely different build.

Anyone here remember how well the launch went?
    wacko.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 30, 2014 9:01PM
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

@Mablung
    Half of the stuff in 1.2.3. was never even on the PTS. And the same has been true for the whole PTS existence.

The last build on the PTS before the game went LIVE never ever made it to LIVE. We had been testing it for weeks and then ZOS decided to go LIVE with a completely different build.

Anyone here remember how well the launch went?
    wacko.gif

Well then it is worse than I thought....
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the testing and QA environment appears to be insufficient. There were a lot of odd changes from the 1.2.2 to the 1.2.3 patch. Most of them could not even be tested by the public anyways. I don't understand this. Generally, you will have a build that is almost complete for testing, then final might have a few more changes, but nothing to this extent. Eh whatever. At least they made the test server public. It just needs to be utilized.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well then it is worse than I thought....
    Remember all the quests that break if multiple people start them? Or can only be done by one person / group at a time?

We couldn't even test those in Beta. They're in regions that weren't activated. We only had the two starter islands, the first (through level 12) zone and Cyrodiil.

Alik'r? Nope. Darien's bugged graveyard rescue? Nope...
  • AlextheMuspel
    AlextheMuspel
    ✭✭✭

True story.

I'm taking this as sarcasm, which is fine. I know I do not own the company, but when you pay to play a game your still a customer. Companies generally like to know how they are doing. Put in a service ticket and you will get a survey. There is no survey for just general unhappiness so we have the forums here, so this is my personal survey.

I know people will flame this thread, they will agree or disagree with it which is fine. These are simply my thoughts and feelings. The devs on other threads always say they pay attention to the feedback on these forums, so this is mine.

Yep. Some players need to learn what CONSUMER RIGHTS means.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it Necromancy Appreciation Day, or what?

This one is from effing June 2014!
    Thread Necromancy
    CRIMINAL ACT

796.jpg
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True story.

Do you happen to main a necromancer?
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True story.

It means not as much as the people who throw it around think it does.

And yeah, impressive necro.
  • AlextheMuspel
    AlextheMuspel
    ✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »

True story.

Do you happen to main a necromancer?

Ohhh...This thread came up in my google search so I replied it, didn’t notice the time it was posted. I guess it’s still relevant...? Somehow...
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What were you googling for? "Disturbing trends"? I'm ... disturbed. :D
  • AlextheMuspel
    AlextheMuspel
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    What were you googling for? "Disturbing trends"? I'm ... disturbed. :D

“ZoS communication with customer” actually...I was wondering why are ppl talking about VR levels in this thread, perhaps they’re comparing CP 2.0 to VR levels...? Now it finally makes sense, knowing this thread was from 7 years ago...
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not post in this thread in 2014 and I will not make that mistake again.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzNYewz.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But don't worry, complainers will say they love this game so very much that they can't stay away from the forums even though they're constantly dissing the developers and swear they no longer play the game and have uninstalled it. True story.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on March 22, 2021 10:37PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even Mannimarco could have resurrected this thread and yet here we are...
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Despite the necro it's sad how little has changed since 2014 :(
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like intentional. And it's not hard to one click the last page in the forum and type in one of the threads.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
This discussion has been closed.