The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blah, They didn't fix the Auto Run bug

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else getting this bug, Where your auto run gets stuck and ya gotta spam a bunch of buttons to get it to stop?
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this happen to me last night. I thought something was just sitting on W (because I was moving my laptop, with mouse/headset/phone/ipod sitting on the keyboard) but after moving my stuff and pushing buttons and my character kept running. Figured she was training for the Cyrodiil 5k.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know it's not only me...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has ALWAYS been the case for me. It makes me sad.
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this bug a lot, I figured out just tap the direction key you are running and it will stop. (so if you keep running right hit d and you will stop)
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can think of a few reasons:
    Something on the key. Don't laugh, happens more then you think.
    The keyboards sensors are not properly working and still registering the key as "down" even though it is up. Generally it is the releasing of keys that fires the action.
    Key Ghosting and Jamming
    You have a wireles keyboard and some interference in the Radio ways (this has been reported with other Keyboard and mouse related bugs). Also check the batteries (of course).
    Misscomunication between client and server. Basically you client registered stop of autorun, but somehow the server did not get it. And server overrules client in such maters. This should only happen if you already experience lag overall.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the tens of dozens of other bugs?

I'm tired of getting struck from a horse in PvP and being stuck and unable to defend myself; and also problems with repairing keep walls.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this every now and then. I thought it was my keyboard at first, but it doesn't happen in other games, typing, etc. I don't have auto run bound to anything, nor do I use a wireless keyboard.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    It happens all the time for me. But it seems like going to a small location completely whitout lagand stay there a while, then moving to larger area (like a building) and finally going back into the wide world of Tamriel. This often works for me.
    Edited by elias.stormneb18_ESO on July 26, 2014 6:14AM
  • pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno why this would be, but I've had this issue in multiple MMOs, not just this one. Tapping the direction that you're moving in usually fixes it.