The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Emperor Farming is and What it is not - A primer

Citidel
Citidel
✭✭✭
I had the Joy of last night of watching someone call another an emperor farmer and felt that maybe people don't know what it is exactly.

I'll be using Celarus and other places as examples, I will not name names, though you know mine and you can go from there.

With the Campaigns ending a few days ago and the rush to crown as many emperors as possible started many have been put off by this and are seeking an outlet. Falsely accusing people of "Emperor Farming."

What it is not: Being part of a campaign that has been used as the emperor farming grounds (Celarus) and having a mountain of AP from 1.5 weeks of playing in that environment. This person is not farming, they just stuck out the crap and kept playing their way.

Level has nothing to do with anything in PVP, VR12 does not = Only emperors. If you stick out and contribute to PVP sure Emperor at level 30-ish on a two week campaign that the other top players have left, totally possible.

How can a Level 10 - VR11 help in PVP? Repair walls, Siege, Place forward Camps, Help heal resources, drop ults on flags, setup siege for others, bring rams... this list is long so I'll stop there. PVP is not about 1v1ing people, its about the whole event. Not if person A can kill person B, in the grand scheme that does not matter, what does is "do we have enough siege on this wall?" or "Do we have enough counter siege up?" or "Can someone repair the outer-wall while we are pushing them back inside the keep?"

We may see that at the end of the new 90's.

Most people that become emperor will leave after they have lost it, many want to hold the title till the campaign ends as we saw on Skullcrusher.

What it Could be: Person has been in Campaign for 3 days and has shot up to # 2-3 and you never see said person at defenses, siege's or anything else. (that's say 600K in 3 days, sure doable on say WabbaZerg. I don't generate that much AP a night, but I'm no pro.)

Either they are ganking a ton of people often enough to keep up a hefty AP/HR ratio or they are doing some things very untoward... and having "enemies" attack keeps and let them tick for defense; or they are always at the right place at the right time, its the internet who knows right? Very suspect.

What it is: When one faction takes the inner ring and Emperor is crowned, the following bit usually ends with them taking a scroll or something and setting up somewhere while the other faction begins to take keeps unopposed, well they may be opposed but by a smaller force and the "pro's" are out getting their AP grind on while they wait for the ring to flip.

Sometime after the 30-45 minute wait the former Emperor will leave (sometimes this happens before hand since you don't need to hold the title for more then a few seconds anyway). And return as a guest.

This process repeats till there is too much resistance or the other faction has decided its done for the day\night.

What can be done?

well, a few things can be done by the Community.

1) Get names of the people doing this, report them if they are harassing you, preventing you from playing the game and/or preventing you from PVPing at all.

2) Find Other guilds, Other people to come help disrupt this. Having one faction prevent other from flipping keeps is a big turnoff. Yes they can call in friends and oil-pot cap keeps but its a big drain on their game time.

3) Let them pat each other on the back, cheer every time one of them is crowned emperor\empress and even if they "don't care" or "could care less what people think of them" let them know you were really hoping they'd be the one to stick it out and help your alliance win the war.

4) Hope that ZeniMax and the PVP Dev Team come to a conclusion and decide on a path of action vs inaction.

Thank you for your time,

Citidel
Citidel
Officer of The Noore
Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that can generate 600k AP in a 24 hour time span on a dead campaign is obviously exploiting/gaming the system/getting opposite faction coop help, etc.

Definitely not in the spirit of PvP
    Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2014 6:48PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    Citidel are you speaking of EU or US?
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kinda went off topic a little, but if someone gets over 300 or 400K AP in just a day or 2 of playing, they are definitely doing some kind of exploit. now idk why you talked about how lvls 10-VR11 "can help in PvP" as that has nothing to do with this topic,(and honestly not all of us want to sit back and plant siege all day, since we are talking about it) but you do still make good points about emp farmers. if someone has a lot of AP saved from a week or 2, then they ofc are not these "emp farmers" or whatever you call them. seems that anyone these days that has over 100K AP is considered an exploiter.:/
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    someone should form a guild, who's sole purpose is the elimination, of emperor farmers:)
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    @Inzababa‌ NA. But I'm sure EU can sing the same tune.

@NookyZooky‌ the conversation that is not here due to naming and shaming and me not having a chat log basically laid out that anyone not vr12 should be in pve lands and should let the vr12s run the show. I disagree, mainly cause I'm vr9 and I enjoyed playing since level 10 in Cyrodiil.

That guild should be made of GMs and such. Just tossing that out there
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of the Former Emperor buff and most of this will stop.
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    its not impossible to genera a bunch of AP within a let us say 4-6 hour time span, remember when was active in pvp I would get away with like 50k to 80k in that span without using exploits, but was active fighting opponents, doing group stuff, getting keeps and more.

But those that would get those amounts 400K over like 24 hours must either be botting or seriously exploiting.... mostly because that not many can even do that.. getting exhausted... losing focus... banging head onto the keyboard of being tired.

And do notice it is technically only a select amount of people doing it...
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me add that emp farmers that i have seen usually leave walls wide open, for faster flips.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Engelin
    Engelin
    ✭✭
    U can get 300k ap in a day without using bugs or exploits.
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    Engelin wrote: »

If you'd like to explain how you can PM me here, I've never seen anyone generate that much in a semi-dead campaign. Maybe NA-Wabbajack its possible, but I've not seen it done on an empty campaign.

Running around repairing keep walls on every keep, doing quests, doing scouting missions and every mission possible + Killing scores of people and being at each keep I dont think you can do that reasonably.

Defense Ticks for Light short assaults is 1k, long I've seen almost 20K

so 300 Defenses from light attacks or 15 long sieges, I guess its doable; but I'd notice that if I were online and join the defense. 300 Defenses via the put under attack, wait 5 minutes, put under attack, repeat. would take ~ 2.5hrs of work to get 300k AP.
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Engelin wrote: »

Yes, I've earned this much in a day on a populated campaign. It helps if you are outnumbered, for example, only a few people successfully defending and wiping a large group.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 8, 2014 4:29PM
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Anyone that can generate 600k AP in a 24 hour time span on a dead campaign is obviously exploiting/gaming the system/getting opposite faction coop help, etc.

Definitely not in the spirit of PvP

I dont think its even possible to play for 24 hours on a dead campaign and get 600ap. I an a casual player, still also leveling but I can spend 2 hours in PvP in a large group on wabbajack and maybe get 30-50k? maybe even less?