The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Abolishing factions in Craglorn and beyond

Rescorla_ESO
Rescorla_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Curious to know how many others think it would be a good idea to get rid of factions in Craglorn and beyond and allow players from all three factions to group with one another for high level PVE content. Here is my rationale for the suggestion:

1. Players can already choose to be any race regardless of what faction they choose. My main is a dark elf in AD.

2. Once you finish the main story line, in order to complete Cadwells Almanac the game forces you to do the other two faction's PVE content in order to progress thru veteran ranks. By the time you finish and get to the VR rank Craglorn is designed for, not only are you the hero of your starting faction you are also the hero of the other two factions.

3. Abolishing factions in Craglorn and beyond helps make the game more alt friendly as well as guild friendly. My guild is an AD guild. If I create an alt I do NOT want to have to repeat all the PVE quests in the AD zones since I have done them already once with my main. However, if I roll an alt on EP or DC faction, I can do all the PVE quests for those zones and then link back up with my guildmates playing their AD characters in Craglorn and get power levelled thru the VR ranks.

Note: This suggestion would not apply for Cyrodil or any future new PVP content. Yout starting faction is permanent for PVP.

Edited by Rescorla_ESO on June 30, 2014 3:50PM
  • Alysta
    Alysta
    ✭✭
    I would like this. I'm among those that pre-ordered so I enjoy the freedom of creating any race in any alliance, but if a friend decided to pick up the game in the future and wanted to join me in EP, but preferred one of the non-EP races, I could just tell her to rough it (because leveling without my company is rough) through 50 and join me later.
    Options
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be a really excellent addition to the game. Especially for those who play MMOs for the social aspect, will really open up a lot more social connections.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea a lot. As you say, keep your original faction for PVP, but for PVE let everyone play together.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would much rather see Craglorn and Veteran zones done as PvP areas contested by the three alliances.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Craglorn should be free form, since it's veteran content.
    Samadhi wrote: »
    I would much rather see Craglorn and Veteran zones done as PvP areas contested by the three alliances.

No. There are a lot of us that don't wish to participate in PvP. Cyrodiil is a big enough place.
    Options