The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Knockdown stun + root exploit

Domander
Domander
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a request for a fix for this commonly exploited bug. When you are rooted you are supposed to be able to roll out of it (if you have the stamina), when you are knockdown stunned you are supposed to be able to cc break it (also if enough stamina, and a lot of stamina at that). When someone uses them both together (Ahem, shield charge + talons for example, this is the one commonly used on me anyway) for some reason the root prevents you from being able to CC break, also you lay there for the duration. This has been around for a while now, wondering if/when it will be fixed.

I think I've seen other posts about this, would of thought it to be fixed by now.
Edited by Domander on June 30, 2014 4:56AM
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive done it. meaning ive broken cc and rolled out of root.
  • Tr1cksh0t
    Tr1cksh0t
    ✭✭
    agreed, they really need to fix this
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    This is a request for a fix for this commonly exploited bug. When you are rooted you are supposed to be able to roll out of it (if you have the stamina), when you are knockdown stunned you are supposed to be able to cc break it (also if enough stamina, and a lot of stamina at that). When someone uses them both together (Ahem, shield charge + talons for example, this is the one commonly used on me anyway) for some reason the root prevents you from being able to CC break, also you lay there for the duration. This has been around for a while now, wondering if/when it will be fixed.

I think I've seen other posts about this, would of thought it to be fixed by now.

They just need allow to break roots with LMB+RMB instead of roll
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Permafrost
    No, the OP is correct. If you use these abilities quickly (or virtually simultaneously via macro/n52) the CC is unbreakable. ZOS nerfed one of my posts when I called out a particular DK in a particular guild for constantly doing it.
    Permafrost
    Guild Leader of Ganked Again
    http://www.gankedagain.com
    • Pioneer of the Tempchanter & Sturdy Dirty Healer Builds
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the order you do it in too. If you stun then root it works a lot better than if you root then stun.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is another bug similar to this one (potentially related). If you are in the middle of casting a placable AoE (Caltrops, Volcanic Rune, Seige, ect), and are stunned before you place it down, you are premanently rooted in place once you get out of stun.

I've bugged it before but it's fairly easily repeatable. The only way I know how to get out of it is to recast the AoE you were going to place and it unroots you. Odd I know.