The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whats the point in getting a crafting skill all the way to 50?

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Once you get one to 40, you will have took(if you have the skill points anyway) all of the skills in the crafting skill tree/line thing. What is the advantage of having a crafting skill at 50? if there is none, are there things being added to crafting that you must be 41+ to get?
Edited by Cody on June 30, 2014 4:19AM
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly being capped in prep for the day they raise the cap?
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    This only applies to Woodwork, Blacksmith and Clothing. The others actually have skills locked until you hit 50.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the only reason I'm carrying on, also the fact the small amount of gold items sell for makes it easier to decon. than vendor and of course you do need to build up stocks of Tempers which come from them.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on June 30, 2014 8:16AM
  • Teevesnacks
    Teevesnacks
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it's probably a buffer for the future as they could release recipes that have a crafting level requirement, I mean we could be crafting armor/weapons with set bonuses that require a certain level but we don't need to have 8/8 traits researched
  • Blooddancer
    Blooddancer
    ✭✭✭
    Also if you have OCD (Obsessive Completionist Disorder) as I do, you can't just stop at 80%.... that would just be wrong.

Seriously though, yeah, prep for the new cap when it inevitably arrives. I also kinda hope your actual skill level is factored into deconstruction attempts.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so I cant craft a daedric plasma cannon when I get my wood working to 50?????? D*** IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, (No, Really, please do. :) ), but once you reach level 40 in a craft - isn't the only way NOT to reach Lvl 41, Lvl 42, etc, to STOP crafting any more?
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Haewk
    Haewk
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, (No, Really, please do. :) ), but once you reach level 40 in a craft - isn't the only way NOT to reach Lvl 41, Lvl 42, etc, to STOP crafting any more?

Stop deconstructing. Not sure how long it will take to level if you are only crafting but....it may take a while.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    Once you get one to 40, you will have took(if you have the skill points anyway) all of the skills in the crafting skill tree/line thing. What is the advantage of having a crafting skill at 50? if there is none, are there things being added to crafting that you must be 41+ to get?

When higher Vet Levels come in, new ingredients for that equipment will be put in, and will probably require up to 50 to craft it.

My fear is they will Nerf Crafting to force a higher perk investment.

Within; Without.
  • brandon.2023b14_ESO
    twev wrote: »

You'd have to stop crafting, deconstructing and reading bookshelves for the off chance that you read one that increases a skills level.

Other than those 3, no. But if you sell items made then you are eventual going to reach cap and stop getting xp anyway. But if I am not mistaken provisioning (which I had at 50 before my character reached lvl 25) and alchemy or enchanting have certain things you need to be 50 in the skill for. Like provisioning I think the last unlockable thing was a 45-48ish requirement. And enchanting I think has one that is like 45-48 or something too. I can't remember off the top of my head. But 40 only applies to armor and weapon crafting skills. So why not just get to 50 and then craft stuff in it only when you need to make money or update your own armor/weapons or refill your food/potions?
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope when they add the new stuff you guys are talking about they will raise the lvl to 60 or 70 otherwise it will be dumb. Everyone will have 50... wouldn't make sense for them to release new stuff if we can make it in day 1 no?
    Edited by AreoHotah on July 1, 2014 10:14AM

• p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gizzarduk wrote: »
    This only applies to Woodwork, Blacksmith and Clothing. The others actually have skills locked until you hit 50.

Enchanting also. At 40 the last potency rune is opened.
    So no need to "push" it to 50. It will go there as normal when ever it goes.

Regarding Wood, Metal, Tailoring, after my main character went to skill 50, started de constructing the white (no trait) & intricate items on my alt.

That way I have a level 14 alt now, that has 40 on all those 3 crafts and is doing the tampering (improvement) only.

Saved 9 SP of my main character, and 10 from raising the alchemy on the alt also. A whooping 19 points is not that bad to be honest.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭

Enchanting also. At 40 the last potency rune is opened.
    So no need to "push" it to 50. It will go there as normal when ever it goes.

Regarding Wood, Metal, Tailoring, after my main character went to skill 50, started de constructing the white (no trait) & intricate items on my alt.

That way I have a level 14 alt now, that has 40 on all those 3 crafts and is doing the tampering (improvement) only.

Saved 9 SP of my main character, and 10 from raising the alchemy on the alt also. A whooping 19 points is not that bad to be honest.

THANK GOD i dont need to take enchanting to 50 (yet)...

• p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on EU server (AD) and you can make V9 glyphs, I am still trying to find a partner to burn 50 Denata and push the skill the last 3 1/2 levels I need to

(50 denata are roughly 300,000 xp if potency 9 runes are used)
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on July 1, 2014 11:15AM
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well just hoping for future content
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope Enchanting is the same too. Alchemy "maxes" at 48 and Provision "maxes" at 45. To the op, the point of getting them to 50 is like others said, to be ahead of the curve when new content comes out and they add another tier of crafting, that and CDO (OCD but in alphabetical order).
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know right? I lol'd. They are saving it so you will need it for VR 30 something or other when they decide to increase crafting tiers so yo can do it all over again :D
    Edited by LadyDestiny on July 2, 2014 11:24AM
  • jpsmithub17_ESO1
    Well, I had the Daedric racial motif and it said I could not read it until Clothing reached level 50. Once my clothing skill did reach 50, I was able to read and learn it. I suspect there are a few not so obvious perks to reaching level 50 I don't know about yet.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    first i heard of the motifs being tied to craft level, thanks for the heads up. i guess i better get working
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I had the Daedric racial motif and it said I could not read it until Clothing reached level 50. Once my clothing skill did reach 50, I was able to read and learn it. I suspect there are a few not so obvious perks to reaching level 50 I don't know about yet.
    reggielee wrote: »
    first i heard of the motifs being tied to craft level, thanks for the heads up. i guess i better get working

Some of the rarer motifs are tied to material skill points which, in turn, get unlocked at a base skill level. For example, Ancient Elf requires 8/9 in materials, which translates to a minimum of 35 skill if memory serves. Similarly, Daedric requires 9/9 to read, if I remember accurately.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I learned the daedric at clothing of 40:/
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 3 gives dyes for achieving Master craftsman
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its a good thing im about to have at least a couple crafts to 50 then
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭

Actually, rare motifs are tied to your crafting tier, not level. You have to be able to make tier 6, which you can have unlocked by 40. In other words, if you have a lvl 50 crafter with no points assigned, they can't learn it.
  • brandon.2023b14_ESO
    Isibis wrote: »

Actually, rare motifs are tied to your crafting tier, not level. You have to be able to make tier 6, which you can have unlocked by 40. In other words, if you have a lvl 50 crafter with no points assigned, they can't learn it.

I know this is old and I do apologize, but what you say is half true. By crafting lvl 40 in clothing, bs or woodworking you will have all 9 points in the material perk if you spent point there and it only need to be done on one of the crafts in order to make the set with the others. Example bs with 9/9 (which is done at lvl 40) will allow daedric to be crafted in all 3 crafts regardless of the others material level. However, if say none were at 9/9 and you have any of them at lvl 40 then you need to spend points to be able to learn daedric. So in essence it is mostly dependent on the skill lvl as you have to have at least lvl 40 to be able to spend point up to the 9/9 requirement for daedric. And this requirement starts at 6/9 with I believe primal being the first learned.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alchemy has last perk at level 48 BTW.

But main reasons to level a craft up to level 50 are, achievement (including a dye), readiness if they ever raise the caps, getting the master crafter achievement, and finally smugness. I really like the smug feel of knowing I've maxed out a craft.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have any of them at lvl 40 then you need to spend points to be able to learn daedric.

Daedric does require a character level of 50 to make it. In addition to the material level of 9/9. Makes sense as you are only going to find that one in VR6 to 10 zones. However it is the only motif with a character level requirement.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"