The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Possible solution and suggestion to how to stop emperor farming.

SBR_QuorTek
SBR_QuorTek
✭✭✭
Put up a system so you can only be emperor once per campaign... and would be a random raffle of top 500 on who gets it and once having become one, you will max be able to hold the title for 72 hours before someone else in alliance gets the promotion, if dethroned the same day or day after, tough luck.. you can become emperor again next campaign or something..

Again some kind of suggestions

Bonusses to it, lesser shady play, giving people a motivation to keep on going.. and even giving the good players that only play part time a chance.

For those with massive AP... when campaign ends top 100 in each campaign would get from 1K to 100k gold in bonus.. where number 100 would be the one getting 1K as bonus or something.

That was another suggestion that could be added to the first one.
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    Or just remove the former emperor buffs or reformat them to be earned another way; thus eliminating the only real incentive.
    - done w/ it
  • Gloran
    Gloran
    ✭✭
    I have a Job offer for you, usual work hours, but only one of the 500 guys (including you) i'll hire will get salary at the end of the month, best business idea ever.
    Officer of Alacrity
    Niwilav - AD Sorc VR12
    Nivilaw - AD Nightblade VR12
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Gloran wrote: »
    I have a Job offer for you, usual work hours, but only one of the 500 guys (including you) i'll hire will get salary at the end of the month, best business idea ever.

Well everyone is crying over emperor farming... I dare to ask you, do you want to pvp... or just spend an endless farm trading the title to the next one in line.... so we can start and get some more real pvp going, and not to be humping the enemy to take it back.

Besides even though it is considered crappy, I did get paid at the end of the campaign for my service in playing the game.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a pvp level combined with top ten on the server.
    So..you must be a Tribune/praetorian w/e plus be one of the top Tribunes on the leader board or higher to have your name thrown in the lottery.
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the top AP earners from each Alliance meet up in a gladiator arena and duel to the death! The winner who remains standing at the end is Emperor.

Or, a horse race across Cyrodiil to determine the winner.

*shrug*

Anything but the current process
    Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire only backwards horse race in first person view walk mode. No mini maps or looking at map allowed. Participants are also required to stream live on twitch so that people can be sure you're abiding by the rules during the race.

If you are knocked or fall off your horse for any reason you have to restart that lap. If you die to silver bolts or any of its morphs you must serve a 60s get good penalty at the restart. Fastest time to complete 100 unscathed laps wins.

Here's the course...
    qrCsajH.jpg
    Upon completion all of your friends and guild members will be notified at least 3 times periodically throughout the day that you completed it. Lets make it happen.
    - done w/ it
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Or just remove the former emperor buffs or reformat them to be earned another way; thus eliminating the only real incentive.

Bingo! Remove the former passives.

People will still strive to be emporer for the glory and will be less likely to purposely surrender it.

It's an MMO, some would devote years of work for a worthless title with no buffs. The former passives are I not necessary.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its OK to abdicate if you've been emperor for sometime and your skills at farming AP are eclipsing other players.It's a nice gesture. But not for these legionarys and sargeants etc
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt matter how you will change PVP or PVE system it is awlays all about farming anyway. This is the point of MMO. You just trying to be the best or just farming certain achivements.
    Untill there is any reward people will farm that reward.
    But if there will be no reward, nobody will play it.
    Life example is Vet Dungeons.
    Trials are still somewhat attractive but less and less people go for it since all of the sets from there are junk.... all of them.

I dont think that emperor farming is something bad. I actualy would feel abit of discrimination if the only possible way to reach Emperor would be 24h PVP play.
    Edited by killedbyping on June 30, 2014 6:33AM
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt matter how you will change PVP or PVE system it is awlays all about farming anyway. This is the point of MMO. You just trying to be the best or just farming certain achivements.
    Life example is Vet Dungeons.
    Trials are still somewhat attractive but less and less people go for it since all of the sets from there are junk.... all of them.

I dont think that emperor farming is something bad. I actualy would feel abit of discrimination if the only possible way to reach Emperor would be 24h PVP play.
    You'd feel discriminated against if the only possible means of getting Emperor were if you played more/better then someone else to get the most AP? The allure of PvP is competition. Pitting yourself/friends and your characters skills against another player/their friends and their characters skills then battling to the death.

Earning the most AP is another part of the competition between you and your own faction. Who can do the aforementioned battling the fastest/best earning the most AP.

Perhaps Portugal or Ghana or any other country that lost their group pairings in the World Cup should petition complaining that they were discriminated against because they weren't given the opportunity win through collusion. Just think, if all the countries would have just agreed to not score at all maybe they could have all advanced!

Folks attempting to validate gaming the system is quite entertaining and speaks volumes of their intelligence. :D
    - done w/ it
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just remove the passives. it needs to just be a bragging right, not a way to be more powerful than everyone
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    just remove the passives. it needs to just be a bragging right, not a way to be more powerful than everyone

That is actually quite usefull...
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭

This is pvp we talk about, pvp'ers will still play if they remove the passives maybe even the upper hand emperor has with just having the title as long as being one.

PvP doesn't need a reward... PvP itself is the reward for those that want to confront players rather than just NPCs... and much of it is about smacking one of the other factions up having fun doing that.

The rewards or possible rewards we get from those lootbags recieved through PvP with a chance of a special piece of gear.. and as well as of campaign reward when it is all completed... should maybe be like 50k per 30 days instead of 42k for 90 days instead, for just giving a little something nice or the likes.
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭
    When the new short (7 day) campaigns come in, the winner of the PREVIOUS campaign should be crowned emperor for the next (7 day) campaign. No passives for anyone else, just 1 Emperor for the entire campaign.
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    InvictoNZ wrote: »
    When the new short (7 day) campaigns come in, the winner of the PREVIOUS campaign should be crowned emperor for the next (7 day) campaign. No passives for anyone else, just 1 Emperor for the entire campaign.

That would be fine, but now we are at it... how about a 1month lockout for becoming one again regarding 7 day campaigns... just some input, pretty much same person could stay king of the hill for liek a year technically.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wipe emporer and former emperor every 2-6 months or something like that.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)