Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reset Emperors points to zero after they become Emperor!!!

Valn
Valn
✭✭✭✭✭
Last campaign we had the same 10 people cycling through emperor over and over and over and over. Reset their points to zero once they become emperor so other people have a chance.

Theres only one skill involved to become emperor. Play the game 21 hours a day.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather the title fulfill its name sake and be a point of leadership rather than remain the farce it has become.
    Edited by Armitas on June 29, 2014 5:34PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By resetting score you only allow farming without the cost of leaving which they all do already for the most part. It would be better to allow players 7 days to choose a server than no changing no guessing no travel to. If you leave your out no pvp for a month. Sound silly doesn't it. So does resetting score.
  • JeffKnight
    JeffKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    By resetting score you only allow farming without the cost of leaving which they all do already for the most part. It would be better to allow players 7 days to choose a server than no changing no guessing no travel to. If you leave your out no pvp for a month. Sound silly doesn't it. So does resetting score.

Actually, that's a good plan. 7 days after joining a campaign, you are locked into it with no guesting, no changing until the end of the campaign. Excellent idea!
    Officer of Exceptional Legion
    http://www.exceptionallegion.com
    Auriel's Bow - NA
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need to reset their AP, just make it to where they don't qualify for Emperor until the next campaign starts. If they change campaigns to get Emperor back make it where they can't get it.

I understand that once you get the skill tree you keep it, but if you are dethroned the tree gets weaker... I don't know if that is true but it should be.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could also remove the fact Emperor is based of a score bored which can be abused and doesn't represent leadership but who has the most free time or ability to farm AP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    They could also remove the fact Emperor is based of a score bored which can be abused and doesn't represent leadership but who has the most free time or ability to farm AP.

This X1000

The moment I heard in beta that Emp was going to be determined based on a points/scoreboard system I knew then that it would become a running joke the moment it came out.

Leaderboards of any kind are never good for PvP games. I have yet in my 20 years of gaming to see a system that was actually fair and actually reflected skill/contribution.

In fact there was a thread on the beta forums predicting everything we see happening with the system right now, from way back in October (maybe november, cant be precise on which month, i know it was before christmas season when it was still closed beta).

We told ZOS it was a bad idea to do it this way, because of what it would cause. We saw the exploitability, we saw the holes in the system, we saw how it turned PvP into a game of who can farm the most points while doing absolutely nothing.

Too bad the beta forums were wiped (these are the actual beta forums, btw, they wiped them at launch)
    Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2014 10:33AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post @Rylana‌
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep Beta these issues were pointed out and ZoS ignored it.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Leaderboards of any kind are never good for PvP games.
    PVP without motivation will die even faster than with motivation like that

Every1 can criticize, but try to suggest some better system
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!