The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Research 1 Helm Trait to Unlock

AngryWolf
AngryWolf
✭✭✭
I'm fairly new to the specialized crafting stations and and have all but 1 item available to craft a full set. Does this mean I just have to research 1 more helmet? Any research? I've researched 2 helmets so far, so I'm guessing this requirement is that I've research helms 3 times?

Screenshot_20140629_035312_cr_zpsfa786477.jpg

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. To craft a set item, you need to research a specific number of traits on it first (doesn't matter which ones). The requirements for every set are different, ranging from 2 to 8. Seducer needs 3.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Yes. To craft a set item, you need to research a specific number of traits on it first (doesn't matter which ones). The requirements for every set are different, ranging from 2 to 8. Seducer needs 3.

Great..thanks!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, crafting weapons in the set applies to your totals as well.

I've been doing Seducer restos on my sorcs for a while so that if/when I have to replace a piece of armor or three in the field with regular stuff, I'm still at 5 pieces for the full Seducer set.

It always seems to work on the indicator screen.

Whether it's working in the game code - I dunno, but....
    Edited by twev on June 29, 2014 3:59PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.