Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stone cold Quest is bugged

AlexDougherty
AlexDougherty
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In Greenshades the stone cold mission is bugged, after you collapse the tunnels, and go to the safe area. You meet the Hollow Watchman, whom you then chase. You get to a ruined castle where you are supposed to talk to said Hollow Watchman.

Only he isn't there, logging out or /reloadui do nothing, s you can't progress.
People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
Wizard's first rule
Passion rules reason
Wizard's third rule
Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
Wizard's fifth rule
Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
Wizard's tenth rule
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this, me and a few peeps were scratching our heads just now with this quest.

- Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • JOnEB4EvR
    JOnEB4EvR
    Really hoping for a fix for this soon as well. I did it on another alt a couple days ago with no problems.
  • Argantis_Dragonheart
    Same problem. If I walk away from an elevated position he will appear, but as I walk closer he, and the tiger on the ledge above him, phase out.... So frustrating!
  • mdegarispreeb18_ESO
    Yeah, its a phasing issue - got the same problem. I've also been attacked by invisible mobs in the area, and noticed some players suddenly appearing and disappearing.
    Also, not sure if its worth mentioning that I'm doing the Veteran run-through of the zone.
    Edited by mdegarispreeb18_ESO on June 29, 2014 10:11AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, its a phasing issue - got the same problem. I've also been attacked by invisible mobs in the area, and noticed some players suddenly appearing and disappearing.
    Also, not sure if its worth mentioning that I'm doing the Veteran run-through of the zone.

I've not been seeing him, getting the arrow putting him at ground level from behind the hill.

I've been assuming that he was below the ground, like Valaste was in the mages guild, reported that and she rose out of the ground.

But if it's a phasing issue then it's a different thing altogether, the could still fix it easily, but maybe not with a single command.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • cladaaliy
    cladaaliy
    Soul Shriven

I got the same issue, when I approach the hollow watchman disappear and also the invisible mobs attacking me problem, with my Bosmer level 28. I'm not sure if it is the 1.2.3 patch result or if it were there before.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, I approached from the side an saw it happen.
    This is annoying, it really needs fixing
    cladaaliy wrote: »

I got the same issue, when I approach the hollow watchman disappear and also the invisible mobs attacking me problem, with my Bosmer level 28. I'm not sure if it is the 1.2.3 patch result or if it were there before.

I'm not sure either, mind you it doesn't really matter if the patch broke it, it's broke now and needs mending.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, doing the Veteran levels and this quest is phase bugged. Confirmed I can run away and the noted NPCs will be there, but as soon as I approached they disappear. I even went back through the tunnel and went out the ruined castle the long way, and still didn't fix it.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax, plz.. =|
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried it this morning after EU maintenance, works now.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried it this morning after EU maintenance, works now.

Great, thanks for the heads up.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on July 1, 2014 10:16AM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Kitsy
    Kitsy
    ✭✭
    This bug is still out there. I have it right now... Maybe it was revived in the recent patch?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Possibly, the latest patch does seem to have undone a number of fixes.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • grolmir
    grolmir
    Soul Shriven
    Quest is not bugged but you have to enter by the Hollow Den point ( location is to the right from the castle ruin on the map (eye)) - enter the cavern and you will find the watchmen - you will then exit by the cave inside the ruin
  • melinda1906b14_ESO
    melinda1906b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you grolmir - without your comment I won't have finished the quest.
  • beyvargasjr
    As of 9/30/14
    I was able to kill this guy, by happenstance, in the "Hollow Den" a "Special Location" (Eyeball) on the map.
    Go figure.
    A long way form where the quest tracker had me looking.
    Edited by beyvargasjr on September 30, 2014 5:59PM
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grolmir wrote: »
    Quest is not bugged but you have to enter by the Hollow Den point ( location is to the right from the castle ruin on the map (eye)) - enter the cavern and you will find the watchmen - you will then exit by the cave inside the ruin

Thank you for posting this. The quest markers were bugged for me and kept leading me back and forth between 2 entrances. The actual objective was no where near the quest markers. I reported the bug in game, but wanted to bump the thread as well.