The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Advise for questing in cyrodill?

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
im sure there may be a thread or 2 about it, but it wont hurt for there to be one more. I plan to do all the quests in cyrodill for the achievements(the skyshards don't concern me) currently, i am a VR3(halfway to VR4) NB archer. i know that all the NPCs got boosted to VR5, and i know that the "non keep guards" as ill call them, are nowhere near as powerful as the "keep guards"(and idk if the lag will make it unplayable, that i will find out) what lvl do you guys recommend i be before i begin my glorious questing adventures in cyrodill? can i go it alone?(i would prefer that, i am a solo type of player) or should i try to get some peeps to help? how bad are the "PvE trolls" as ill call them? oh, and where can i get a map showing where the major cities are? for whatever reason, ZOS decided not to show the dang cities on the map, and its a little frustrating:/
Edited by Cody on June 28, 2014 5:36AM
  • bsheffield2008ub17_ESO
    dont think u listed your faction. pick that dominated server then quest in cyrodiil. Or just pick some random dead server to guest on.
    Options
  • bsheffield2008ub17_ESO
    Oh, dungeons are a lot harder than what they use to be. I would roll with 2-3 peeps to keep things moving imo.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    im the ebonheart pact
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well I plan to try to stealth thru the dungeons if possible. we will see what happens
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't listen to cheapskates telling to you join a campaign where your faction dominates everything or a dead campaign. The real beauty of Cyrodiil questing comes from the always present fear of being ganked. This fear is largely absent in a campaign where your faction dominates.

Most of the delves and ruins and what not in Cyrodiil will be challenging, but not impossible for your current level. Sneaking is indeed your friend.

The cities are shown on the map, you just have to look at the 'Filter' tab in your map screen. They are probably disabled by default.

Good luck, fellow Pact player!
    Edited by Lava_Croft on June 28, 2014 3:50PM
    Options