The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[NA/EP] Shadowfen Sanctuary (Medium-Heavy Dark Brotherhood RP)

Selique
Selique
✭✭✭✭
The Shadowfen Sanctuary.

weknow_zps23bb0612.jpg

Within Shadowfen there operates a Sanctuary of the infamous Dark Brotherhood. No outsiders know where they originate, or how to reach them. If, however, one needs someone eliminated, practicing the Black Sacrament will yield that famous black hand print and inexplicably, the disliked, hated, or envied person will turn up dead.

It is well known that the Dark Brotherhood does not recruit people. There are no ads posted, no criers speaking their praise. When someone peaks their interest, they watch. If they like what they see, the person is contacted.

There are rumors that the Shadowfen Sanctuary is watching. No one knows who, or why. Whispers float across the taverns of Ebonheart territories. Who knows where the next black hand print will turn up?

LORE OF RECRUITMENT:
When a person commits murder in warm/cold blood, it is likely that the Night Mother has been watching from the shadows. The next time the murderer sleeps in a location deemed to be secure, a Speaker will approach the murderer and ask them to join the Brotherhood, and if the offer is accepted, the murderer will then be given a specific target to kill.
Secondly, when an Argonian from Black Marsh is born under the sign of the Shadow, he/she is trained by an order known as the "Shadowscales", and pending the end of their training, transferred to the Dark Brotherhood. Additionally, the Dark Brotherhood has been known to recruit through proxy. When a spate of murders is committed in cold blood and without an arrest, the Brotherhood instigates an investigation to recruit the killer.

Usually the serial killings must only go on so long as it takes the Brotherhood to discover the identity of the killer, at which point they dispatch a courier with a letter requesting the murder of a specific person. Once this murder has been carried out, another letter is dispatched requesting the secret murder (i.e. a murder which is untraceable) of another specific person. If this is accomplished to satisfaction, the Brotherhood dispatches a third courier to provide contact information. Source.

EVERY PLAYER HAS THEIR OWN STORY:
Each Player has their own story. Not everyone wants to be forced into Brotherhood service, or targeted for assassination. If you as a player have an idea for a short RP story that will get your character ICly into the Brotherhood, it is highly advisable that you bring it up! All suggestions should fit the Lore of the Dark Brotherhood.

OOC Recruitment Disclaimer:

Anyone who wants to join the Shadowfen Sanctuary must be interviewed by the Guildmaster or an Officer and deemed compatible. We are a small guild, and will not exceed 10-15 players at any one time. All initial invites are considered OOC, as we get to know you, and you get to know us. It is advisable that you RP with us in an out of DB context. As in, meet some of our Alts, or hang around some RP Hubs (Such as Ebonheart City, or Shadowfen). The reasoning for this is that, we want to ensure we have quality members, and we want to make sure you know who we are. There is a lot of "Trust" that needs to be earned before we can RP together. The nature of Assassin RP can lead to meta-gaming and Godmodding, so it is vital that we all trust each other's RP skills, and know how our characters act together. The guild must be a close organized unit of friends who want to make a great Dark Brotherhood RP scene together. Its not about being the most bad ass, or the strongest. Its all about fun!

OOC Information:
Greetings! I'm putting together a small Dark Brotherhood Roleplay guild. Membership will be limited, and only those who truly want to be a part of a Dark Brotherhood style guild will be accepted. I admit, I am no lore buff, so I look to members to help me keep it lore straight. Our goal is to provide a solid Dark Brotherhood Roleplay environment in the Ebonheart Pact. If you are interested in helping me, please PM me here, or in-game. My name is @Selique.

Current Requirements to Join:
-Must be somewhat knowledgeable in Dark Brotherhood or Shadowscale lore.
-Must be somewhat experienced in Roleplay.
-ANY RACE may join!

Desired Skills:
-Enjin Website building!

The above are the current requirements for those who are interested. I am only looking for DB/SS Roleplayers who want Roleplay in a Dark Brotherhood environment.

We have a website, and I plan to use it extensively, but it is under construction.
Edited by Selique on July 2, 2014 5:17PM
Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
Hail Sithis..
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm opening up recruitment to anyone who wants to join now, not just those who want to help build.
    Hail Sithis..
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Updated the main post. Feel free to post here if you're interested! Recruitment is open.
    Hail Sithis..
  • Randerzo
    Randerzo
    Soul Shriven
    I would certainly be interested, as one of my character's background is already tied up in the Dark Brotherhood.

However the character concept is a bit eccentric, so I'm not confident it will gel well some others.

I'll send you a PM describing the character and you can tell me if it would fly(so to speak).

EDIT: Scratch that it looks like I don't have permission to PM anyone here on the forum. Can we chat in game?
    Edited by Randerzo on July 4, 2015 4:27PM
    Characters:
    Anatol Blackhand - Bosmer Child Assassin - Renegade from Dark Brotherhood - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Randel Kryger - Breton Guild Mage - Mages Guild - Breton Sorcerer
    Solaris Decius - Imperial Cleric/Priestess of Stendarr - Affiliated with the Church of the Eight - Imperial Templar
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can find my on Enjin under Gazes-At-Stars or Selique (Teso-rp.com) Or IG @Selique.
    Hail Sithis..