The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for Thek and Black Bessie in Toothmaul Gully

spainchaudub17_ESO
I see that Slakkith and Gorg now spawn in place of Thek and Black Bessie. Nothing seems to spawn where Slakkith and Gorg use to. Anyone know where Thek and Bessie now spawn?
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The spawn timers on some of those achievement bosses in the public dungeons are really long. Make sure you are waiting in the right spot with the maps here: http://tamrieljournal.com/public-dungeon-group-challenge-conqueror-guide/
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • spainchaudub17_ESO
    Thanks for the link, but read my post carefully. Slakkith now spawns where Thek use to spawn. It is not a question of timers. So has anyone seen Thek today?
  • Scanster1
    Scanster1
    ✭✭
    Thek and Black Bessie are in the room south west from the entrance. The one with the blacksmithing and forges.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scanster1 wrote: »
    Thek and Black Bessie are in the room south west from the entrance. The one with the blacksmithing and forges.
    I can confirm this for Black Bessie. I didn't see Thek (I came into the room in the middle of a combat), but given that they're a team, it seems likely... Probably killed shortly before I got there.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • spainchaudub17_ESO
    Thanks guys. Now I can finish that dungeon. I guess the guides need to be updated.

Hopefully the devs wont keep moving the bosses around.
  • spainchaudub17_ESO
    I got them. It took a lot of waiting, but they finally spawned in the middle of that forge room.
  • DeadByNow
    DeadByNow
    ✭✭✭
    ESO seriously fix these timers!
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If things work the same as other public dungeons, it's also not just a matter of respawn rates. Not all of the mobs are up at the same time (should be two at a time afaik) and you have to keep killing the bosses that pop for a chance to see others pop (or the same ones).

I experienced this VERY thing with Thek and Black Bessie just last night. Someone was hanging around just waiting and I told them to keep killing the other bosses but they just sat there so I went out and killed and killed (sometimes the same bosses 3-4 times) and then went back to look. Sure enough, not 2 mins after I killed Slekkith and Gorg, the infamous pair popped.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Problem is, is that we should have to keep killing the other bosses over and over and over and over again in order to get the ones we need to pop up. Especially since other players and groups end up sharing the same dungeon instance as us. It would be a different story if each group or solo player had their own personal instance, but they don't and it gets annoying when you are killing the same crap over and over again for two hours and the boss you need still doesn't show up.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Problem is, is that we should have to keep killing the other bosses over and over and over and over again in order to get the ones we need to pop up. Especially since other players and groups end up sharing the same dungeon instance as us. It would be a different story if each group or solo player had their own personal instance, but they don't and it gets annoying when you are killing the same crap over and over again for two hours and the boss you need still doesn't show up.

Just to be clear, I don't like it either and think it's stupid to either having to keep killing till you get the right pop or have to return to the dungeon over and over to see if it is up.

Most of the areas that have public dungeons are transitory and most people do not want to spend the time it takes to kill the bosses. This is just a way to basically punish the person who wants the achievement.

• Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    If things work the same as other public dungeons, it's also not just a matter of respawn rates. Not all of the mobs are up at the same time (should be two at a time afaik) and you have to keep killing the bosses that pop for a chance to see others pop (or the same ones).

I experienced this VERY thing with Thek and Black Bessie just last night. Someone was hanging around just waiting and I told them to keep killing the other bosses but they just sat there so I went out and killed and killed (sometimes the same bosses 3-4 times) and then went back to look. Sure enough, not 2 mins after I killed Slekkith and Gorg, the infamous pair popped.

Is that true or was it coincidence that the bosses spawned after you had repeatedly killed the other bosses. I.e. Would they have spawned anyway due to a timer or was it due to you killing the bosses repeatedly?

Has ZOS stated that that is indeed how the boss spawns in public dungeons function? I ask because I've heard many different things about spawn rate.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done about a dozen of these large public dungeons in the past couple of weeks to get the conqueror titles, and I absolutely confirm that there doesn't seem to be any kind of timer on the bosses. They just are never all up at the same time. You have to run in circles, killing every boss you find, to make the one you need spawn. I remember one of the dungeons was extremely frustrating because no matter how many bosses I killed, the only one I was missing wouldn't spawn. It took me a few hours between several gaming sessions to get the title.

My tip is: do these dungeons during prime time. It helps a lot if several groups are downing bosses at different places of the dungeon. It also helps if you can get a group formed and people coordinate with one another. If a boss is up, warn others via zone chat and wait a minute or two before killing it. Try not to stand by one boss while others in the dungeon do the work of downing other bosses until yours spawns - they could be doing the same thing, and no bosses will spawn for anyone.
  • GERMANO-THE-IMPERIAL
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're like 2 years late...
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs