The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Elf Sorcerer build

EdwinRipoll601
Hi, I'm trying to build a High Elf Sorcerer with the Storm Calling class. I'm kind of new to MMORPG's, or gaming in general :p so I would want to know if I'm building it right.

So far I'm level 21, been adding all Attributes to magicka, but been thinking on starting to add some on health since my defense is not really good (Using light armor). As a weapon I'm using a destruction staff.

So the question is, how should I spend my skill points? Which attacks/passives etc are best for this kind of build? and am I doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance :)
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Your defence is better than you think ;)
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I few points to Health can't hurt, I also put a few into stamina so that if I switch to sword and shield (when they get too close) I can actually do some damage.

Both magicka and stamina affect how the Staff works so it's not a total waste, but others will say stick to pure magicka.

The Altmer passives are very good for a sorc, but stick a few points into your destruction staff too, and look at the destro staff abilities, some are excellent.

If you hit the hard caps with Light Armour look at Heavy Armour, since it give the most defense and it has a passive for spell resistance. But only if you hit the hard caps ignore the soft caps.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • EdwinRipoll601
    @AlexDougherty thanks :) It really helped me. Btw, what's Altmer? You mentioned some Altmer passives but i can't find anything called altmer on my skills :P
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @AlexDougherty thanks :) It really helped me. Btw, what's Altmer? You mentioned some Altmer passives but i can't find anything called altmer on my skills :P
    @EdwinRipoll601‌
    Altmer are High Elves, all elves are Mer, it's Elder Scrolls terminology.

Altmer = High Elves
    Bosmer = Wood Elves
    Dunmer = Dark Elves
    Maormer = Sea Elves (sort of)
    Dwemer = Dwarfs (deep Elves not traditional Dwarfs)
    Orisimer = Orcs
    Aldmer = Original elves, split into other types, altmer claim purest descent.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on June 28, 2014 2:00PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • EdwinRipoll601
    Ohh good to know :D Thanks so much for the help.
  • mattijs.buysb16_ESO
    mattijs.buysb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The website below is my main source of Elderscrolls lore and info.
    it might help you with terminology and background....
    happy reading ^^

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you hit the hard caps with Light Armour look at Heavy Armour, since it give the most defense and it has a passive for spell resistance. But only if you hit the hard caps ignore the soft caps.
    How do you know if you've hit a hard cap on a stat?

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    How do you know if you've hit a hard cap on a stat?

If you put the cursor over a stat that's coloured (A kind or orange on my computer) it will say either that it's hard to level up or it won't level up anymore. If it's just hard to increase I still go for it (soft cap), since it's usually one I'm using, if it can't go up any further, then I look at other armour types.

I haven't actually hit any Hard caps yet, but I'm sure I will eventually, they might have a different colour, but I'm not sure.

j9spvr.jpg
    Edited by AlexDougherty on July 4, 2014 2:56PM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule