Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hollow City houses

NeptuneTide
NeptuneTide
✭✭✭
So I've been in Coldharbour for a while now and have completed every quest, dungeon, and world boss up to Reaver Citadel except...

Village of the Lost / Holes in the World
Vaults of Madness

One thing that's been bothering me is I have two houses still locked in Hollow City! I don't believe I missed anything so I thought maybe my choices may have effected those two houses.

I have chosen to back the scholars and let the Hist tree die; sided w/the Lamias; saved Gadris; took Estre & the mages out of Cliffs of Failure; rescued the patrons of the Everfull Flaggon; helped the vampires at the Orchard; saved Stibbons (twice lol); and given the crown to Capt One-Eye. (whew! I think that's everything)

The two houses I haven't unlocked are...

oj8kolkwa3ts.bmp
The NPC on the stairs always beats on the door so to me it would seem this house should unlock at some point.

csyre7s9mk0i.bmp

If anyone's unlocked them, please let me know :smile: And let me know which NPC lives there!
"It's always a delicious mystery, cracking open a book for the first time." ~ Valaste
  • Omnevolus
    Omnevolus
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same two houses still locked up tight, but a white map everywhere below the Chasm. Ever figure out the deal with this?
  • NeptuneTide
    NeptuneTide
    ✭✭✭
    No, the last time I was in Coldharbour those two houses are still locked for me.
    "It's always a delicious mystery, cracking open a book for the first time." ~ Valaste
  • robynheraty_ESO
    robynheraty_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My thought is that perhaps the houses are locked because I chose to rescue one person over another. The person who was saved has opened their house, but the house of the person left to die has not been unlocked. I think I'll test this out by saving different people the second time around.
  • NeptuneTide
    NeptuneTide
    ✭✭✭
    @robynheraty_ESO A friend of mine had the same theory so we compared who we saved and who we didn't save and even with the couple differences we had the same houses were locked.

Personally, I feel one of those houses belongs to Fatahala (ref What the heart wants quest) and I've gone back and forth with CS about getting that NPC back to HC...to no avail :neutral_face:
  • Thuring
    Thuring
    ✭✭
    Ok so yesterday I was looking exactly for the same before advancing into the Chasm, to see if I was missing anything. I can tell you the same two houses are locked, even before the Chasm.
    I chose almost the same as you in the quests you name, except I chose Angof the Undying, but the houses stay the same. And that is true for my other veteran character too. I insist, before the Chasm, so no vampires and cap one eye (nor stibbons again) quests are done.
    After a while I decided to go cry in a corner, and advance into the Chasm anyway.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure those houses don't ever open (even when all the houses are closed, those are the only two with chains on the doors). Having completed all of Coldharbour except the Group Bosses and the Vaults, they are still locked down.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NeptuneTide
    NeptuneTide
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wondered why those two houses are left empty/locked. Seems odd.

There's a third house that's unlocked but no one "lives" there. My theory for that one is the that the NPC Fatahala from The Manor of Revelry quest w/Stibbons should be in that house! I've tried getting an explanation for this NPC NOT returning to Coldharbour, but I get a brush off every time :disappointed:
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wondered why those two houses are left empty/locked. Seems odd.

There's a third house that's unlocked but no one "lives" there. My theory for that one is the that the NPC Fatahala from The Manor of Revelry quest w/Stibbons should be in that house! I've tried getting an explanation for this NPC NOT returning to Coldharbour, but I get a brush off every time :disappointed:
    What's the name of that third house? I may have it recorded somewhere who is supposed to be in it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • NeptuneTide
    NeptuneTide
    ✭✭✭
    It's simply named "Home" and is next door to "House of Darkness".

Edited by NeptuneTide on January 9, 2015 9:05PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simply named "Home" and is next door to "House of Darkness".
    No, you're right. There's nobody in that one. Fatahala would seem like a logical suggestion; I had it down on my list as a home that could just be "mine?".
  • NeptuneTide
    NeptuneTide
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering if that's something that may come about one day. Maybe a guild house similar to GW vs what we have now?

Will pursue devs on getting Fatahala back to the Hollow City :) I refuse to settle for the brushoff lol
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curiouser, curiouser...
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you BUG yourself into those homes, there is no interior. So they are not designed to open......yet.