The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Potency Runes, why do they only stack to 20?

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title.
  • Kuratla
    Kuratla
    ✭✭✭
    No idea. Doesn't make any sense to me. Burn up more inventory space?
    V14 Templar Argonian Healer, V12 DK Orc Tank, V2 Sorcerer High Elf DPS, V1 Templar Breton DPS, V1 Nightblade Bosmer DPS, and 3 low levels.

Check out my ESO journal["http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66004/kuratla-s-eso-journal"]
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be the only logical (and evil) answer; Makes you buy more bank/inventory space. :(

Otherwise, it's one SQL UPDATE query and they all stack up into stacks of 100, like every other rune, and every other stackable item.

If Zenimax really wanted to fix it, I'm sure running one SQL UPDATE query in the past three months could have fit into their schedule. It would have taken literally less than 5 seconds to complete the fix. Type query. Press enter. Done.
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they should stack to 100
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they have been busy writing bugs into the code, which is a rather thankless task, So I'm sure you can cut them some slack.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuratla wrote: »
    No idea. Doesn't make any sense to me. Burn up more inventory space?
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If potency runes stacked too high that would make the stack omnipotent and way to OP compared to other similar stacks ;)
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to a recent reply I got from customer service it's a known bug. Given that it was being reported on the forum a couple of months ago it's not a particularly high priority.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's being fixed in patch 1.3.0.
    Edited by dannymcgr81b14_ESO on July 11, 2014 2:48PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »
    According to a recent reply I got from customer service it's a known bug. Given that it was being reported on the forum a couple of months ago it's not a particularly high priority.

Thats OK, it doesn't have to be a high priority.
    All they have to do is comp us for the extra slots we're using on the bug.
    My enchanter 'toon has 100 slots right now, and btw, the ingame mail service lost 6 stacks of 20 runes in a returned mail that I got.... blank.

If I have to buy an extra 10 slots to cover my extra 10 stacks of runes, that's my resources they're whizzing away on a non-priority bug in a game costing me $80 (plus tax) for the game, $15 (plus tax) for the palomino that got it's hooves nerfed, and the $90 (plus tax) for the 6 month sub I trusted them to make worth while.

Is it game breaking?
    No.
    But it cost me nonetheless, and it's their busted a** code that cost me.

Just one more reason for me to badmouth the game when I can.
    I don't make stuff up.
    I just talk about the busted stuff in detail, and what a low priority all the other busted stuff is, too.

I could be patient.
    If I don't pay my resub fee for a few weeks, is Zeni going to let me play anyway, because, hey... I'll get around to paying......
    Edited by twev on July 11, 2014 7:09PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.