The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DragonKnight leveling and endgame pve build

sakkdaddy
sakkdaddy
Soul Shriven
The Build

I would just like some constructive criticism about my build here. It's generally focused on stamina/2h dps for single target, and then a flame staff bar for heavier AoE.

Inner light stays active always.

For small packs, critical rush -> unstable flame -> wrecking blow -> executioner. Whenever health or stamina drops under 80% or so, use green dragon blood, mostly for the stamina regen.

On the first bar, wrecking blow can be swapped for forward momentum depending on the situation (wrecking blow for general use, forward momentum more for longer boss encounters).

For AoE, Engulfing Flames -> Burning Talons -> Force Pulse spam, repeating Engulfing and Talons as needed.

5 medium 2 light for mostly melee, 5 light 2 medium for heavier nuking and aoe. It's meant to be a pretty flexible spec.

What do you think? Any obvious weaknesses? I swapped from 2h to destro staff recently after hearing so much about how staff is better, but it's just not quite as fun. I am hoping to make a solid build that will give me good options for sustainable single target and AoE dps.
Edited by sakkdaddy on June 24, 2014 1:38PM
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of the twohander, put in a restrostaff instead for single target dps. You get good dps with the +10% damage increase in a passive node as well as heals.. like the last skill, perfect for single target and viable against many as well to get hp back. The previous 2 can be worth to lvl as well for utility, depening on what group you join and what they lack.

Stamina skills.. useless compared to magica skills. Keep the stamina for block, dodge, etc. Focus on magica and your damage will be much better.Also, go with 5 light and 2 heavy/2 medium. Since light = magica you'll get a higher crit rate for spells as well as higher magic resistance and regen.

This game truly is the game of magica and rods.
  • sakkdaddy
    sakkdaddy
    Soul Shriven
    Even if it's only 80% as effective, I still wanted to do melee primarily just because it's more fun =\
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    sakkdaddy wrote: »
    Even if it's only 80% as effective, I still wanted to do melee primarily just because it's more fun =\

That's ok, might have some issues getting into some groups thou.
    Look at it this way, you'll in most situations have 3 class skills on your bar, and in 1 case you have destro staff so that's a minimum of 8 skills that are based on magica that you will be using. Make sure you get your priorities right when it comes to stamina, hp and magica. It's always good for block etc to have some stamina and some stamina regen but that will be on the cost of magica, your primary source of power and survival.
    Something to think about.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceDread wrote: »
    Get rid of the twohander, put in a restrostaff instead for single target dps. You get good dps with the +10% damage increase in a passive node as well as heals.. like the last skill, perfect for single target and viable against many as well to get hp back. The previous 2 can be worth to lvl as well for utility, depening on what group you join and what they lack.

Stamina skills.. useless compared to magica skills. Keep the stamina for block, dodge, etc. Focus on magica and your damage will be much better.Also, go with 5 light and 2 heavy/2 medium. Since light = magica you'll get a higher crit rate for spells as well as higher magic resistance and regen.

nope to the highlighted but beside that he´s right.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭

Of course I'm right ;) the part you highlighted is also correct, there is a passive skill for crit with 5 pieces of light.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course I'm right ;) the part you highlighted is also correct, there is a passive skill for crit with 5 pieces of light.

you´re right forgot the 5pieces gimmick - mea culpa
    Edited by Tankqull on June 24, 2014 5:48PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭

I have found that as you level, you gain a lot of passives for reducing stam needed for blocking and bashing. Also, if you go redguard, most of your stam issues are all but gone. Once you hit about level 25, you should have most of the stam passives for both shield use and racials. If you are before that level, just hang in there.

As for 2H, well, unfortunately I hear most people ditch the 2H by VR1 because you become a sitting duck.