The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A Suggestion to Zenimax

_subjectnamehere_
_subjectnamehere_
✭✭✭
Okay, hear me out.

A lot of people are struggling with veteran dungeon content. I did at first as well...until I was able to find the right group of players who knew what had to be done to overcome some of these obstacles....strategy, focus, and patience.

Now, I don't care if you are one of those elite players who are just going to comment on this post and say "veteran dungeons are so easy why are you even saying this?" If you are going to do that, go someplace else.

For the majority of ESO's subscribers, these veteran dungeons pose a challenge...and I love that. It is not just a "hit these buttons in the right order over and over until the boss falls and make sure you move around a bit" contest. It takes thought, strategy, some skill, and a lot of patience.

I get a lot of tells in game from people and guild mates asking how I have completed all the veteran dungeons so far. I just told them that I was lucky enough to sift through a ton of players until I found the right group. Level didn't matter (much), class didn't matter, etc. All that really mattered were the types of people in my group and their willingness to swap skills, talk to each other, be patient, think things through, and the rest is history.

Where am I going with this?

ZENIMAX: I firmly believe that you should promote some awesome veteran groups, even PUGS if possible, to show the community exactly how this is done. Show the players that everyone doesn't steamroll content and that if you don't build a character a certain way you can't do veteran. Post some videos of a solid group taking on tough bosses (who are NOT your developers) and have them fail a couple of times. Show us how they talk to each other (chat or live...I never used voice communication to do these) and show everyone some simple character traits (real life traits) that you need in order to be successful. Show everyone a good mindset to put yourself in when taking on these challenges.

This game is a whole lot more than just a button-mashing MMO, and some players are still struggling with that idea. I get tells from guild mates that have a hard time getting by the Molag Bal fight! Now a lot of you will say "oh, they just suck. I did that my first try." No, they don't suck. I know this because I play with them all the time. They just need to learn how to approach the game.

So in short: post some videos demonstrating what is needed in order to be successful in this game. Strategy, patience, focus, support from your group, and a willingness to try new things. Sure....gear matters some and it can help, but in the end, it is all up to the player realizing you can't pick five skills and one ultimate for every situation (just one small example).

Agree with me, or disagree....you decide. Thank you for reading.
Edited by _subjectnamehere_ on June 22, 2014 9:19PM