The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HASTE NOT WORKING WITH THE BOW ?

nvsg
nvsg
✭✭✭
I know I am not the only bow user that thinks this spell not working is a drag seriously I leveled all the way to 42 on assassination thinking I was going to dominate with this skill considering all I use is the bow but nope doesn't work please fix this issue eso! I literally cant play how I want without it.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Known issue. Well known in fact.
    It's said to be getting a fix. Will likely be worth using at that point with Syphoning Strikes.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Known issue. Well known in fact.
    It's said to be getting a fix. Will likely be worth using at that point with Syphoning Strikes.

The fixes to Haste and attack speed in general are on the PTS to be tested right now.

I can tell you since I've by now tried it out, the damage increase is unfortunately strong between using haste and not using haste.

The dps increase for me would be theoretically between 2-3% between using it and not using anything for that slot. Sorry to burst your bubble :-/

But with animation cancelling dominating the DPS game and how it interacts oddly with attack speed then one can assume haste wont be much good for dps regardless of weapon.

I'll be testing some more when I can actually use my exact character set up, but my first impressions are bleak at best.
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Was this fixed today?
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭
    Was this fixed today?

not to the forums it wasn't hopefully they fixed it man they said they fixed the incapitate which is the morph to it not haste itself so idk
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nvsg wrote: »
    Was this fixed today?

not to the forums it wasn't hopefully they fixed it man they said they fixed the incapitate which is the morph to it not haste itself so idk

There was also a part of the patch notes for today that said:
    Attack speed now correctly affects all weapons and weapon types.

In the Combat and Gameplay general section of the notes.

Theoretically, this should mean that Haste will work with the Bow, as well as the Medium Armour 5 piece passive.

I look forward to testing it and hope it works now.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Was this fixed today?

Theoretically, this should mean that Haste will work with the Bow, as well as the Medium Armour 5 piece passive.

no it says weapon fix because of the trait weighted which gives you fast weapon attack speed nothing about haste
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was this fixed today?

no it says weapon fix because of the trait weighted which gives you fast weapon attack speed nothing about haste

Ah, how unfortunate.
    I thought it was referencing attack speed as a stat in general.

Moar clarity in patch notes pls.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Was this fixed today?

This may also be true, but it is not solely referring to the weighted trait or else it would've specified it as such.

I know that the attack speed fix is more general and applies to haste with bows for a fact. I know this because this change went on the PTS in patch 1.2.2 and I tested it for myself.

Attack speed and haste works for bow light attacks, I'm absolutely certain of that. Draw speed animation on bows is still wiggy though so heavy attacks still may be bugged and not receive the attack speed that we would hope, others on the PTS have reported that heavy attacks don't seem to take the attack speed increase as noticeably, which is why I bring this bit up.

But rest assured, this attack speed change affected bows and ranged weapons in general. Please don't spread information if you have no proof of it.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can anyone confirm if haste is actually working (or is not working) for bow light and heavy attacks?

Also, if one were to be using a bow with haste, is it better to go for the morph that increases stamina regen, or the one that increases heavy attack damage (added with this patch)?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Personally would go with stamina Regen + Leeching Strikes or Siphoning Attacks
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    So can anyone confirm if haste is actually working (or is not working) for bow light and heavy attacks?

Also, if one were to be using a bow with haste, is it better to go for the morph that increases stamina regen, or the one that increases heavy attack damage (added with this patch)?

Haste works 100% certainly for light attacks with bow, not sure about heavy attacks its hard to tell.

As to stam regen or heavy attack damage, depends on if you use any heavy attacks. Some theorize DW heavy attack+flying blade animation cancelling with that morph of haste is going to produce some impressive dps.

Some testing will have to be done on all weapons to see if heavy attacks being put in rotations will be something worth doing. (I hope it is.)
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on June 25, 2014 3:17AM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haste works 100% certainly for light attacks with bow, not sure about heavy attacks its hard to tell.

I tested using 20 second intervals on a stopwatch.

Without haste --> around 14 Light Attacks
    With haste --> around 18 Light Attacks

Without haste --> around 6-7 Heavy Attacks
    With haste --> around 6-7 Heavy Attacks
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As to stam regen or heavy attack damage, depends on if you use any heavy attacks. Some theorize DW heavy attack+flying blade animation cancelling with that morph of haste is going to produce some impressive dps.

Some testing will have to be done on all weapons to see if heavy attacks being put in rotations will be something worth doing. (I hope it is.)

It's always been worth using heavy attacks in PVE, testing showed DPS was higher that way so yeah it's not a bad thing to have.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

It's always been worth using heavy attacks in PVE, testing showed DPS was higher that way so yeah it's not a bad thing to have.

Some specifics would be appreciated, you've piqued my curiosity ^.^ think it would be beneficial for bow-use?

I tested using 20 second intervals on a stopwatch.

Without haste --> around 14 Light Attacks
    With haste --> around 18 Light Attacks

Without haste --> around 6-7 Heavy Attacks
    With haste --> around 6-7 Heavy Attacks

Thanks a bunch for putting the effort in, cheers. This confirms what many where guessing, that light attacks get a attack speed bonus when using haste, whether or not a full 30% is applied is up for further examination.

However heavy attacks with a bow (this may be true for staves as well), as some had noticed, seem to not benefit from attack speed increases such as haste. I would assume it's something to do with the draw animation being so clunky, but that's a wild guess.

Regardless, this makes it clear that attack speed does not actually work for all weapons and weapon types after this patch. More like half way there. Keep workin on it ZoS, I expect this issue to get recognized.
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm haste not working with bow heavy attack and doesn t stack with medium armor agility passive ability(10% attack speed) in the fact is only 20%.

my test, light armor and haste 19,5 attacks 20 sec, no haste 15,5 attacks
    medium armor and haste, 19.5 attacks, no haste 17 attacks
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on June 26, 2014 4:35AM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some specifics would be appreciated, you've piqued my curiosity ^.^ think it would be beneficial for bow-use?.

It was posted on the Foundry, can't find it right now though.
    Bow was the exception. Light attacks are better for the bow, this is likely down to it not auto releasing like melee weapons do.
  • SWEtree
    SWEtree
    Good info here. Lets see if they fix this in a hotfix
    Im one of those masochist NBs using DW/Bow. If they fix weapin speed + it stacks with skillpoints i would maybe start to kill ppl in 1v1 >:)
    /pray
    Balance ftw