The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Sorcerer vs Molag Bal... Help please!

plata
plata
I'm such a noob and I'm not sure what sorcerer skills I need to kill Molag Bal.

He is killing me as dual wielder running in circles and as resto staff running away from my life. :(

Any help is welcome. Thanks!
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes foreeeever with a resto staff, but that's how I did it eventually. Resto staff+silvered blades(or whatever the crossbow-like skill from fighters guild is). Don't use mana so you can heal yourself. Make sure you block when the titans come out, and their breath weapons do you no harm and kill themselves.

If I recall, this was my build:
    *Twilight matriarch
    * Bound Armor
    * Regeneration
    * Healy-shell-thingy
    * Silvered Blades

Leather armor(I normally use two-handed) with most of my skill points directed into stamina and crafting skills

Stick with it; it took me like 3 unbugged tries and a ton of bugged ones. It didn't help I was a vamp in stage 4.

PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Critical surge

Just use critical surge, then light attack him to death.

If you don't have it, then use restoration staff and regeneration.

Move around to avoid red circles on the ground. Kite titans to stairs.
  • dss
    dss
    Edited by dss on November 3, 2015 11:58PM
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I use the clannfear to tank for me, and I removed my twilight flying wing thing and replaced it with another offensive spell (I have two spells with knockdown ability). You can use shift Y left click, or something like it (check your key settings for minions attacking your enemy) to have the clannfear attack the enemy - works good with parties up to 4-5 enemies - while you stand off in the distance. I use destro staff, lightning, with either fire or cold damage.

The only guy I didn't use the clannfear with was Molag Bal in the vestige quest because he two-hits him, but I also died because I couldn't keep him off me. Then I just switched to resto staff with my heals (Imperial Templar), and it took about 10-12 minutes, (resto staff is 834 level with 222 fire damage) of running around, but I was a long way of off him and he only got close to me once or twice and I just healed myself. Also when he runs to you and gets close, don't turn and run, it's a losing effort. It's much better to run forward, get past him, roll if necessary, jump turn and face him again, use the staff a lot. And keep looking at the ground. When you see the large red circles, he's about to land close to you, don't stand in the red circle (lol or fire, or poison).

Good luck