Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Templar - Master Ritualist Suggestion

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone really use this passive?

Templar is the only class that doesn't have a class-specific passive that gives magicka regen that other classes have; I been thinking of where to put it and how it should work. Master Ritualist seems like the least useful of the healing passives and if changed into a magicka regen passive may even make it less of a need for a Templar healer.

The suggestion: Master Ritualist - While using a Restoring Light Ability, you recover 1%/2% of your max magicka per second while Cleansing Ritual is active or channeling your Rite of Passage, and you are refunded 5%/10% of the magicka cost of your Rushed Ceremony and Healing Ritual spells when they gain a critical effect.

The Passive is deep within the Restoring Light tree that it takes some time to level. The amount restored is minimal yet adds up over time and requires your participation to be effective. It does however fill the role of making Templars on par with other healers so they aren't exhausting their magicka too quickly.
Edited by phaneub17_ESO on June 18, 2014 11:28AM
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you boost Templar magicka regen in a form of skill or passive, you also have to nerf the healing.

No one would literately ever die in PvE/PvP if I could spam BoL over and over. My Templar has roughly 60% crit so I'd be swimming in magicka. Group content would be so trivialized.

Now I can only use it about 10-12 times in a row, if I time Spell Symmetry well.

Rushed Ceremony + it's morphs would need a noticeable cost increase. Healing Ritual + morphs would need a minor one.

But yeah, Templars aren't "on par" with other healers. They're actually way better in terms of raw healing.

If I play my Templar like a Sorc/NB healer, I wont go oom either. All classes will have good magicka management if they only use Restoration staff, Healing Springs and RR/Mutagen. People seem to forget about that one.

Templars main problem is lacking dps. That's also why they aren't always preferred as healers, they can't off-dps well enough during periods of low dmg. We need better sustained dps, that also includes magicka management for offensive skills ofc. But this has to be done without improving the healing capacity to much.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key is to add the magicka management to something you dont typically see in a healer build, so as to unrelate it from healing skills.

For example, make one of the backlash morphs restore magicka when attacking the target, or restore magicka to the templar based on the damage dealt by the backlash after the effect ends.
    Or add a magicka return when spells are reflected by eclipse.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Darwa
    Darwa
    ✭✭
    I should still be asleep.
    Edited by Darwa on June 20, 2014 6:58AM