Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two-handed - best with heavy or medium armour?

AngryNord
AngryNord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've used the two-handed weapon skill in combination With Heavy armour on my Templar (since that is how it is shown on character creation, and I'm lazy :P), but have started thinking that wouldn't medium armour really be better in combination since it offers stamina regeneration, and two-handed weapons of course use more stamina than 1-h...
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor. Also you might want to use staves instead of 2h
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor gives a substantial crit chance for 2H skills (except charge), and templar melee skills (ranged skills use spell crit instead).

There's nothing wrong with giving it a try.
    Options
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor. Also you might want to use staves instead of 2h

lol! May as well stick with Magica too.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 of 5 of the 2h skills use more stamina than they are supposed to because the trait is bugged and stopping at 10% for them. Critical charge and momentum are the only 2 getting 20%.

I noticed on PTS that this is fixed (even tho the trait still reads wrong), but we shall see if that fix actually goes live..
    Options
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two handed, heavy armor, and Templar? You poor, poor soul.

On a more serious note, I would go with medium armor over heavy in combination with two handed. The extra defense from heavy armor really isn't that much, and is easy overshadowed by mediums greater capacity to kill things dead.
    The Psijic Order
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two handed, heavy armor, and Templar? You poor, poor soul.

Yes the LOL was from me.

Solar Barrage -> Wrecking Blow -> Brawler or Executioner do generate some ridiculous damage.

Wrecking blow hits a constant 490-500, crits at around 700. (Blue V6 GS).

Not perfect, far from the Destro staff in 1 vs 1, but still is melee oriented character as I like to play.

However spamming Solar Barrage -> bralwer -> flawless dawn breaker, while on 4-5 enemies encounter it spikes all way to almost 1300 dps, and can keep it at 90% of the case during the whole duration of the battle. (which lasts few seconds against V5 mobs).

Against Daedra & Undead add another 50% more damage.

FYI I am a Khajiit Templar. If I had an Imperial I would even be better off tbh.

AngryNord wrote: »
    I've used the two-handed weapon skill in combination With Heavy armour on my Templar (since that is how it is shown on character creation, and I'm lazy :P), but have started thinking that wouldn't medium armour really be better in combination since it offers stamina regeneration, and two-handed weapons of course use more stamina than 1-h...

I am on the same boat at you. I will let you know by Friday-Saturday.
    I plan to rush the DC V6-10 area getting all the skyshards quickly. (I have Med level 50).

What I would advice you to do, is put 2 Medium armour parts on to raise levels asap.
    Options
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Your wrecking blow would hit a lot harder if you used the Soulshine set in conjunction with Flawless Dawnbreaker, throw in Hunding's Rage - even though you'll get diminishing returns from it the increase is still better than any set out there for melee skills.

You'll need the mana regen anyways to keep up your utility skills in between wrecking blow / light attack spam.
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine does work when you are channelling a spell. Like Biting Jabs & Dark Flare.

It doesn't affect the instant spells like Solar Barrage & Javelin. Nor does affect the melee damage.

The best damage buff is to get is Momentum/Rally. It starts with a flat 10% bonus and goes to ~22-23% on the last two seconds. While it has 23 seconds duration at rank 4 (plus morphs).

Tbh the added bonuses are so many at the moment, that it actually works OK.

a) Bonus from Flawless Dawnbreaker.
    b) Bonus from Heavy Armour
    c) Bonus from Heavy Weapons since I use GS. (rank 2 passive 2H).
    d) Bonus from Balanced Warrior (rank 2 passive Aedric Spear).
    e) Bonus from Momentum (just got it and hits hard).
    f) Bonus from Solar Barrage.
    g) Bonus from Hunding Rage.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on June 17, 2014 11:28PM
    Options
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Have you actually tested it? http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-soulshine-set/ says otherwise. Dark Flare isn't channeled, it has a cast time, there's a difference.

Options