Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Templar DPS (V12) help

SlasherZet
I have been trying to make a templar work as a DPS for trials for some time now.
My most successful build so far is a DW build with Blood Craze/Vampire's Bane for DoTs and Rapid Strikes/Biting Jabs for spamming, Spell Symmetry to get magicka and all in stamina regen (100+).
I have not played a caster but looking at the abilities, I'm not sure how to build a spec for a caster.
The main problem I see is there is no spammable ability except Dark Flare, which doesn't give bonus damage to itself.

Could anyone give me some pointers on building a Mageplar for Trials? What abilities to use etc.?
Edited by SlasherZet on June 15, 2014 8:52PM
  • Darwa
    Darwa
    ✭✭
    Options
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is how you dps vs boss 3 of archive (wisp) on a templar:

Upon battle start:
    Drop Solar prison. Make sure allies activate synergy.

Rest of battle:
    Press 1 over and over.

(Assign 1 to biting jabs)

Done.

(out of mana? use resto staff heavy attack to regen, or (CAREFUlLLY) use equilibrium).

Templar is the easiest class in the game to dps on.

Sad part is doing that, depending on gear, you can only do 600-700 dps.

There is NO way to do more dps on a templar single target. (Destro does more aoe)

Qualification:
    We have completed the archives with 6 templars in the group. (Not easy)
    Edited by Axer on June 15, 2014 10:15PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A rotation of Dark Flare, Vampires Bane, Light attack, Aurora Javelin will let you deal bursts of 1.6k damage in a single second.

add Backlash to that rotation and Soul Assult and its pretty easy to keep up the damage you do.

i have been doing this extremely reliably with a Vr2 Templar with only the most basic gear and low Critical hit chance.

A sorcerer or DK can do better AOE dps easily, tho a templar can deal ok AOE damage at long range with spear shards or reflective light^^
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my best sustaintedDPS was with this spec while someone else provides agressive horn and siphon spirit . with a hell of a lot crit and proc luck (over 60% blazing spear tics proced burning light)
    i was scratching at 800dps every other dps templar in that raid couldnt have used potl(-250rawdps & -10% power for them) and caltrops so they would be sitting at ~450dps when the fight lasts longer than 5-6 seconds :disappointed: .
    Edited by Tankqull on June 16, 2014 12:18PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @‌Axer
    We live in 21-st century and your lack of templar comprehension and being so 2000 and late in templar's (and other classes' seeing your reluctance for equilibrium lol) dps is unforgiving. Running a guild/raid/pug whatever that is able (good job!) to clear HRC doesn't seem to help you make good judgmenet and understand the mechanics of the dps classes neither. Please restrain from making patronizing comments on matter that you clearly don't understand and continue rolling your mousewheel macro for talons/cs/whatever.
    Options
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scalding rune+sunfire mixed with what was said above is pretty good if your willing to give up volcanic.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    Volcanic rune, Vampires Bane, Dark Flare, Javelin, Inner Light, Soul Strike with a Destro staff is kinda working for me right now. Can mix and match VP and DF depending on types of mobs but every Vet battle seems like hard work.
    Options