The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Devouring swarm broken after patch

Thoths_Servant
After the latest patch i cannot use my ultimate(devouring swarm) when i have reached the required amount of ultimate. I have had to reach 300% or even 400% before i could activate. i have tested outside of combat and it consistently does not work, it is not due to a stun or silence of any kind and is causing major issues for me.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive had a few times where I couldn't activate any ultimates while not stunned, but I think it relates to the server lag at the time. Also a few times where I activate my ultimate but i'm apparently already dead when I do, so instead of healing from it, I drop dead.
    Options
  • Thoths_Servant
    for me i can have it and be out of combat and try to activate it over and over but it does not work. it makes a sound and shows the timer in the bottom of the screen for the skill but doesn't actually activate
    Options
  • Hrazmadul
    Hrazmadul
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue, the swarm refuses to activate. I get a sound and a beginning of some animation and the timer starts but no ability activation.

Ticket: 140621-002627
    Options
  • MasterFUNG_ESO
    MasterFUNG_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I also have this issue. I am stuck on the last quest before VR content from constant dying. Until this gets fixed i am done playing my main.
    Options
  • MasterFUNG_ESO
    MasterFUNG_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been fixed yet? I never get a response when i report the bugs ingame. Has anyone heard anything?
    Options
  • jscottallenub17_ESO
    jscottallenub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This has not been fixed. I've perished numerous times because of this bug. If the programmers really feel getting user input from a single keystroke is too difficult to easily fix, it is my firm belief they should consider career changes, as programming may not be an optimum fit for them. Some of the bugs that we end up with really boggle my mind. I really feel very underwhelmed with enthusiasm attempting to play a session of this game. I've played betas that had more reliable functionality.
    Options
  • MasterFUNG_ESO
    MasterFUNG_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if a mod could confirm if this is a known issue and is being worked on or not? I would love to be able to play my main again without having to dump an entire skill line.
    Options
  • skapunk85b14_ESO
    skapunk85b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm running into this same issue. I can't reliably use my swarm now and even tho I have the activation cost it won't activate. I've died due to this bug and it'd be nice to see it fixed.

Update: At least for me my base activation cost according to the tooltip is 50 ultimate. It won't activate until I have about 130 ultimate. I tried deactivating addons to see if they were having any effect but I could still not use it.
    Edited by skapunk85b14_ESO on August 25, 2014 11:00PM
    Vokundein
    Cryptolinguist - Thrall of Vokundein
    VR14 Sorcerer Ebonheart Pact
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Cryptolinguist's Twitch Channel
    Options
  • MasterFUNG_ESO
    MasterFUNG_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I see this still hasn't been fixed yet. Between this and the de-lvling issue, i think im gonna quietly bow out. Best of luck for the rest of you hanging in there. Maybe ill swing by here in the future to see how things are going.
    Options
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds Luke the ui shows too low activation cost.
    Options
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to sound realllly dumb...but it happened to me just recently. I, too, was freaking out because I could not get my Ult to go off. I'd press R and literally NOTHING would happen. After wracking my poor non-technical brain I had an epiphany. I looked in my key binding setting. Sure enough, SOMEHOW I no longer had ANYTHING selected as a key to trigger my Ult. I have NO idea how that could have happened but there it was. So, it might be worth checking.
    Edited by MornaBaine on November 26, 2014 11:41AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options