Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Revamped DK tanking builds?

Troponin
Troponin
✭✭✭
Curious what everyone is doing since the changes and the upcoming changes. I have been wanting to roll a DK tank, but keep putting it off because I don't want to get frustrated with constant changes. I looked up some builds, but as usual, everything is out dated now since the last patch and with the upcoming patch making even more changes. I feel this is going to be an expensive switch.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Troponin wrote: »
    Curious what everyone is doing since the changes and the upcoming changes. I have been wanting to roll a DK tank, but keep putting it off because I don't want to get frustrated with constant changes. I looked up some builds, but as usual, everything is out dated now since the last patch and with the upcoming patch making even more changes. I feel this is going to be an expensive switch.

Dragon Shield
    One-hand and Shield
    Bar 1
    -Pierce
    -Flame Lash
    -Spike Amour
    -Dark Talons
    -Circle of Protection(health regin morph)

Bar 2 can be used too adapt too any situation.

Stat Goals:
    Magic 1900
    Health 2000
    Stamina 1500

Health Regin: 80
    Magic Regin: 70
    Stamina Regin 70

Heavy Amour 5 peice
    Light Amour 2 peice

Set Bounce:
    Whitestrikers(5)
    Song Of lama(3)

This Build is a standard tank Build. This should allow you too not block so much, and allow your
    abilities too do the damage reduction at a high rate so you only have too block when you really need
    too. This build is a magic based Dk tanking build, using stamina abilities too support your build.
    Your second bar is left open so that you can adapt too what each situation is. As you noticed i really
    want high health regin in this build. I have spoken too many healers, and heaving the higher regin
    helps keep the heat off them over all. This build really will not come into full fruition untell
    high vet levels keep that in mind. Your Amour should be geared too achieve that stat goal. Your Jewry
    needs too be geared towards regin over all. I want too point out that in end game content if your missing 300
    health from cap that is half of a boss hit, its just not something that you need too invest into. Im Hopping
    that this build will show some of you dks that you are still the best tank in the game over all.
    This Build is untested and if you chose too try it give me feed back so i can adjust the build
    too fill the wholes in it.

Now I have not tested this but it should work..if u want too test it let me know what u think
    Options
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great start. TYVM.

I am already getting negative returns on my armor at level 12 with 5 heavy and 2 light. What I like though, is that it appears armor and spell resist from abilities are unaffected by the DRs. Can someone confirm this? It wouldn't be the first time the character screen is lying to me.

*Edit* NVM, it is subject to DR.
    Edited by Troponin on June 13, 2014 10:06PM
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Troponin wrote: »
    It's a great start. TYVM.

I am already getting negative returns on my armor at level 12 with 5 heavy and 2 light. What I like though, is that it appears armor and spell resist from abilities are unaffected by the DRs. Can someone confirm this? It wouldn't be the first time the character screen is lying to me.

*Edit* NVM, it is subject to DR.

yah it is, but when your tanking, and blocking if you can achieve lets say 60% mitigation and then on top of blocking another 20% that is 80% total damage reduction
    Options
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on pve or pvp tank? Or Both? Dungeon Tank vs. Solo Tank? Utility tank vs damage tank? The more info you provide the more people can help.
    Edited by aco5712 on June 14, 2014 8:35AM
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose solo and dungeon tank. I can figure out the PvP thing later because I won't be doing much of that this early. Would love to see what y'all would do for a damage tank too though.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been tanking in light armor with desto/resto staff.

The destruction staff build is an aoe build for burning down adds and dealing with trash pulls.
    GDB
    cinderstorm
    burning talons
    pulsar
    flames of oblivion.

For tanking i'm using a restoration staff.
    GDB
    Razor Armor
    Illustrious healing
    siphon spirit
    inner beast (range taunt)

^that tanking build is running magica return for the group, healing for the group in addition to handling tanking duties. Razor armor turns your light armor into heavy armor. With a warlock set of light armor, and siphon spirit, magic is not a problem and you can mostly heal yourself. DKs get a 10% increase to any type of block, and resto staff recovers magic on spell block.
    Edited by Armitas on June 14, 2014 11:24AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to make DK just do it. Yes the class might be bit OP and needs some balancing which will happen over the time.

Personally I made DK before even knowing it is somehow OP specifically dress and stick, I wanted to do tank char that I can play with my wife and chose shield and board.

Eventually all classes will be somewhat balanced though in history of multiplayer there is always imbalance.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options