The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

who is testing aedric spear, templar tree, for spell or weapon crit as modifier?

dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
has anyone tested if aedric spear is using spell or weapon damage as well as spell or weapon crit? If you have some insight from experience please share
Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on June 12, 2014 5:07AM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All class abilities scale off of magicka and spell damage.

Some class abilities, usually ones that 'make sense' as melee-oriented abilities, use weapon critical instead of spell critical. I think this is probably intended, as these abilities are more often used by melee-centric players rather than spellcasters, and thus benefit more from being based on melee crit.

I know for certain that the nightblade's assassin's blade, death stroke, teleport strike, and veiled strike are all based on melee critical chance.

The dragonknight's searing strike is also confirmed to be based on melee critical, and I'm fairly certain that molten whip is as well.

For templars, it seems like puncturing strikes, piercing javelin, and radial sweep are all melee critical based. As far as I can tell, those are the only 3.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard some hot debate on the topic but I thought this was the case. just trying to figure out the exact skills. I am interested in explosive charge, blazing spear, solar barrage if anyone knows for sure which crit they are based off of. all aedric spear are acting "like a weapon", but are essential for us healer because at the end of the day we need to do damage. inner light is essential when dedicated healing but sometimes i feel it isnt buffing any of my offense.
    Options
  • audabon2013
    audabon2013
    ✭✭
    This hasn't been thoroughly tested because aedric skills are such Garbage. 2 single target cc in 1 tree.....Bad start.

jabs crit rate over the course of my 14 days /played as mag based temp leans the skill toward melee crit. The low crit rate on jav and charge with my build makes me assume they are too, but I really never used them much.

edit: 4 single target cc (typo =2)
    Edited by audabon2013 on June 12, 2014 2:34PM
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all this trees targets are multiple after the morphs... shards has to be single target cc, because a wide distance aoe + damage dot aoe+ synergy + multiple target cc is just op and would get nerfed anyway. this skill is good as it is. the other single target morphs to aoe damage. some type of gap closer in pvp is essential, charge is good too. you could use a weapon charge but hitting the class aoe gives you dots on multiple people getting you ap if anyone kills them. I fear you are correct about charge being mele crit which is a shame form me.
    Options
  • audabon2013
    audabon2013
    ✭✭
    all this trees targets are multiple after the morphs... shards has to be single target cc, because a wide distance aoe + damage dot aoe+ synergy + multiple target cc is just op and would get nerfed anyway. this skill is good as it is. the other single target morphs to aoe damage. some type of gap closer in pvp is essential, charge is good too. you could use a weapon charge but hitting the class aoe gives you dots on multiple people getting you ap if anyone kills them. I fear you are correct about charge being mele crit which is a shame form me.

the point being that 4 single target cc in 1 tree is beyond redundant and contributes to Templars being a weaker base class. adding in minor aoe dps to those abilities because they are also cc makes them all fail.

if jav hit like crystal frags this would be a moot point, but it does not. Templar cc+dmg combo skills are all weak.
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mages should have a better damage spell. we have things they dont have as well. so far i have soloed everything through v5 with ease and did most of craiglorn with a group of 4 well under v10. at v9 currently and happy. So far, I think templar's are good. sure if you want the top dps dont be a templar... but who would look at the skills and say im going for top dps in the most competitive way? hopefully nobody! templar has lots of great utility for groups, in a game where all of the end-game content is group based.

on another note: thanks for the mention of a kill counter add on. I will check it out.
    Options
  • ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Last night I tested the Aedric Spear skilline for crit:

Radial Sweep: melee
    Punturing Strikes: melee
    Piercing Javelin: spell
    Focused Charge: melee
    Spear Shards: spell
    Sun Shield: spell
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know, I'll be able to work aurora javelin and spear shards in on my caster/healer then
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks ysimeonoevb
    Options
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I tested the Aedric Spear skilline for crit:

Radial Sweep: melee
    Punturing Strikes: melee
    Piercing Javelin: spell
    Focused Charge: melee
    Spear Shards: spell
    Sun Shield: spell
    Does this change based on the morph you choose? As those listed are just the core skills.

for example: Teleport Strike for NB's,
    if you morph it to Ambush it uses weapon crit but,
    if you morph it to Lotus Fan it uses spell crit
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want aedric spear abilities to crit, you need Medium armour passives to be safe. And preferably Khajiit race.

However all abilities are spell power based, and depending how much Light armour you use, you need to crack up the Spell power with jewellery . I would rather go for more power than the better off chance to make them crit
    (do not forget we have passives that raise the Critical)

So alter your gear accordingly.

Altmers, Bretons and Khajiit have a head start when comes to balancing damage, magicka and critical.
    Options